German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,135 Posts
Well, it depends on your situation. You weren't very specific as far as the living arrangements go. I'd tell her to shove it and shut it. She's your dog, you guys agreed that it was okay to have her, and now she needs to put up with the decision that she ultimately allowed you to get the dog.

My bf always complains about my positive reinforcement training and thinks that I should smack Ozzy around every now and then. I tell him to shut up because he's my dog, not his, and I'll raise him however I choose.

· Registered
4,135 Posts
If you could, I think the best thing would be to take yourself and your pup outta there. The other roommate could cause problems, as has been said already. I've been having a bit of a hard time getting Ozzy to quit mouthing seeing as how my bf lets him mouth him all the time, despite the fact I want him to make him stop when he does it. URG.

· Registered
4,135 Posts
i'm sorry to say but your BF sounds like an idiot. isnt he the one who wants to use harsh punishments to teach Ozzy while you're pro positive and your approach is working. Seems to me, Ozzy is YOURS, he should respect your wishes. Course i'd also smack my husband if he allowed Shasta to mouth him and think it was okay but thats me.
Ozzy is the only thing we fight about. And yes, he wants me to rub Ozzy's nose in his accidents and instead of enforcing the drop it/leave it, he thinks it's a better idea to swat him. If I ever see him lay a hurtful hand on him though, you can bet that he's gonna have a pretty little hand print on the side of his face. :)
When he lets Ozzy mouth him against my wishes, I just glare at him and walk away and don't talk to him, which drives him NUTS. It's funny though, because when I walk away, Ozzy follows me, so I win. Haha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.