German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I bought this gds puppy yesterday. The original owner just sent me pics of the parents. Neither of their ears r erect and something just doesnt seem right about the mother. The owner says the parents ears r erect depending on their mood. Im concerned that my puppy isnt full blooded because the mother doesnt look fool blooded. Im new to gsd's and any help would be much appreciated! Do they look full blooded to u?

The first pic is the mother, second is father, and third is my puppy. He is 8 weeks old. Thanks in advance!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
They are just very submissive dogs by the look of them, i think thier ears would go up if they got excited. The female is out of condition because she has been feeding her pups, get another photo in a couple of months and you wont recognise her.I personaly prefer submissive GSDs, much easier to live with ,mine doesnt even bark at the door, he is everybodys friend and will roll over if threatend by another dog.His mum was the same , she didnt even bark when we went to view the pups, thought we must have the wrong house. I think you will have a wonderful dog there,he looks so happy sitting in your car. My dogs ears very rarely go up, but they can, and the vet has confirmed it is a submissive thing.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Those poor dogs look scared and chained to a tree not to mention they look like they were not very well taken care of in general :( just be lucky you have a cute pup and just enjoy him and give him lots of love :)

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Probably purebred. Not the best quality, but purebred.

I do disagree with the TAN+ZAK that mom is out of condition because of having puppies. She's out of condition because she's likely not exercised properly. She also looks to be overweight, and doesn't have the best structure.

Best you can do is just love your puppy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It doesn't matter. If you didn't see the KC papers or go to a reputable breeder you can never guarantee a pups lineage. I have a crossbreed and he's gorgeous, you should love him regardless.

I do love him regardless. Even if he ended up not being full blooded I would love him. But he was sold to me as full blooded and I wanna make sure (as much as I can) I wasnt ripped off

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are just very submissive dogs by the look of them, i think thier ears would go up if they got excited. The female is out of condition because she has been feeding her pups, get another photo in a couple of months and you wont recognise her.I personaly prefer submissive GSDs, much easier to live with ,mine doesnt even bark at the door, he is everybodys friend and will roll over if threatend by another dog.His mum was the same , she didnt even bark when we went to view the pups, thought we must have the wrong house. I think you will have a wonderful dog there,he looks so happy sitting in your car. My dogs ears very rarely go up, but they can, and the vet has confirmed it is a submissive thing.
Thanks u for ur input. I feel a little better now. :)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I don't want to be the jerk here, but if you were worried in the first place about it not being full blooded and being ripped off you should have asked to see papers or expressed these concerns BEFORE you bought the dog.

The dogs look in bad condition. Your puppy is cute, I am glad you love him regardless :)
Also, makes me a little worried that he's sitting by all the stuff on the floor in your car, watch him good or that cigarette box or other junk could be eaten in a second

·
Registered
629 Posts
Why didn't you ask the "breeder" about this prior to purchasing him? Regardless of his lineage, I am sure he is going to love you no matter what! Enjoy him he is cute!

·
Registered
334 Posts
That's exactly what I was thinking I am glad I was not the only one thanks Mego

I don't want to be the jerk here, but if you were worried in the first place about it not being full blooded and being ripped off you should have asked to see papers or expressed these concerns BEFORE you bought the dog.

The dogs look in bad condition. Your puppy is cute, I am glad you love him regardless :)
Also, makes me a little worried that he's sitting by all the stuff on the floor in your car, watch him good or that cigarette box or other junk could be eaten in a second

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I was pushed for time when I bought him. I admit it was a mistake not seeing the pics before I bought. But now that its done and over with im trying to see if in ur opinion (which I respect) he is full blooded or not.

He is always under my supervision and was only in the floorboard of my truck for about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why didn't you ask the "breeder" about this prior to purchasing him? Regardless of his lineage, I am sure he is going to love you no matter what! Enjoy him he is cute!
I bought him from an individual, not a breeder. He assured me that the pup is full blooded. But how well can u trust someone that is trying to sell something? Lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I had no worries till I recieved the pics of the parents

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
At the end of each day, will you still love him? Care for him? Meet his needs? Will he show you affection? That's what's really going to count for you unless you planned to show or stud him. He's very cute and you will no doubt keep him healthy and well cared for. THAT is what will matter each day. If you ever want to breed a GSD or show one, the folks on this forum will guide you through that process before you fall in love with a pup. Until then...enjoy your love affair and know that YOU did what your heart led you to do. No breeding, no showing...just loving your GSD companion. :)

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
The correct terminology is purebred...not full blooded. Sorry, pet peeve.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Cute puppy! They look purebred to me.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
you should NEVER buy any animal without meeting the parents!!! to heck with is he purebred, are his parents stable tempered?? afraid of their own shadow? vicious? hiding in thunder? submissive peeing when people approach? Are they untrainable?? unhealthy?? lame???

The pup is a composite of his parents without meeting them you are playing Russian roulette, looks pure but very poor quality parents. Love him and hope for the best, and remember next time to do your research, I hope you didn't pay any $$ and take him to the vet quickly for shots and parasite control

1 - 20 of 29 Posts