German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dayna and I took Dutch to the park tonight.... we've gone to the same park for the last three nights around 8 pm because it's empty, there's a lot of open grassy fields, and he can run around and have fun without worrying.

Tonight we had just started running him when we saw a small car driving quickly along the road that runs through the park. They were whistling and they had a huskey or a similar looking dog chasing behind the car. It was obvious right away that this was how they exercised their dog.

We had to put Dutch back on his leash until they had turned around and started racing back down the road with the dog chasing the car. I felt it was unbelievably irresponsible. The dog raced past the car and they almost hit it once. What if my dog had heard responded the whistling and run towards their car? I was pretty angry.

·
Registered
391 Posts
that's not irresponsible.. that's stupid. unfortunately you can't fix stupid.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wow, incredibly stupid. And lazy. Good luck trying to train that dog NOT to chase cars when that's exactly how they are "playing" with him. I can only hope nothing bad ever happens to that poor pup because of his owners inbred-edness.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
That is absolutely stupid and I would have called a/c and took pictures for an abuse case or a least a leash law if you have them. ;)

Unfortunately, if your dog had followed after and been hit, there would be nothing you could do about it, as tragic as it would be. Your dog should be under voice control 100% of the time if he's going to be off leash.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
LAZY and STUPID...some people make ya wonder

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I'v seen this once before, but the dog was leashed and the person was "walking" the dog that way. But to encourage car chasing, my God... That's wrong in so many ways.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is absolutely stupid and I would have called a/c and took pictures for an abuse case or a least a leash law if you have them. ;)

Unfortunately, if your dog had followed after and been hit, there would be nothing you could do about it, as tragic as it would be. Your dog should be under voice control 100% of the time if he's going to be off leash.
Unfortunately it was around 9 pm and it was very dark. I couldn't get a plate number or any pictures. It's an offleash park and Dutch is very good with voice commands, but I'm just saying that some dogs could respond to the whistling. It's very irresponsible and dangerous to drive along whistling while your dog chases your car (at a fairly high speed).

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Wow.

That's extremely concerning. What if the husky got out and got on the highway? He'd have a hayday for about 8 seconds, if that long.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
wow that's just wrong on so many levels. I feel sorry for that dog and heaven forbid he gets out and starts chasing the cars :( :mad:

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
"....I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T....I mean S-M-A-R-T!"

*Edit - Wait, I have more...

Some people are amazing. :)

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
"....I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T....I mean S-M-A-R-T!"

*Edit - Wait, I have more...

Some people are amazing. :)
:spittingcoffee: that about sums it up :wild:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I LOVE the boxer one. LOL

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
:rofl: Found this one, too...I think this one most accurately describes the situation. "Just because it seems like a good idea...Doesn't mean it is".

Oh man. I could do this all day. :)

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Oh man those guys are going to get fried!!

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
I saw a video clip of an actor (Matthew McConaughey I think, but I'm not sure) using his motorcycle to exercize his little dog.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Melina you crack me up!!!

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
I saw a video clip of an actor (Matthew McConaughey I think, but I'm not sure) using his motorcycle to exercize his little dog.
seriously?! :eek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
That is flat out stupid. I would never trust a husky off leash as they can have a mind of their own. Thank goodness I've never seen anything like that happen in person.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts