German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to switch both my dogs (GSD and a Staffy) onto this feed once the GSD pup is a bit older... here's the link to the website with all the info... im after opinions as to whether you think this would be a suitable diet for a GSD? Its basically a raw product frozen. He would obviously still get other things such as offal and meaty bones but this would be the staple of his diet...

Mighty Mix Dog Food - Frozen Concentrate

·
Premium Member
4,821 Posts
Pretty high fat content to the protein:
Protein (Crude) 17.4% Fat 36.8%
Also contains "Flour" which has no nutritional value for pets.....it's just a filler.
Definitely not for pups except for supplementation to kibble. Personally, I would add vitamins/minerals to this food if I used it.
We are use to the ingredients being identified on the label, so this one seems to have several proteins but they are not saying if all or one meat is in there which could be a problem if a dog has sensitivities.
:)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the input, i thought the same about the fat content so wouldn't feed it as a complete feed until he was an adult dog.

I talked to the vet about the ingredients and mentioned the flour but she said because it is Flaxseed flour it is actually beneficial as it is a low source of Omega 3 and i already feed Flaxseed Oil to both dogs for their coats, digestive systems and joints so that bumps the Omega 3 content up for them.

No issues with meat sensitivity here thankfully.. both dogs have had all listed meats with no issues but im yet to try salmon! :)

I think i will give it a try combined with the dry food they also produce and see how we get on with it. If im not happy i will be sure to change! :)

·
Premium Member
4,821 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts