German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite my poor handling, we kept it together enough to finish Solstice's AKC Novice titles. People are always telling me to run faster, but even when I think I'm running faster I'm actually not. :eek: I guess I just have one speed! Overall I'm pretty proud of how Solstice did. We still have a lot of things to work on, but she's progressed really fast in a short time.

AKC Trial June 2013 - YouTube

1. (not on video) Nov Standard - Q - our best run of the weekend and of course I didn’t have anyone tape it! But we were moving pretty good, she got the weaves first try, and I got in a blind cross after the A-frame, which I have never tried in competition before.

2. Nov JWW - NQ - A good run, other than Solstice missing a jump and me causing her to backjump on our way to fix it. Not sure why she missed that jump other than me taking my eyes off her.

3. Nov Standard - Q - Another missed jump when I took my eyes off her. Gonna have to be more careful and watch for that. This was her third Std Q and finished her NA title.

4. Nov JWW - Q - Solstice needs a better handler who is actually running, not just thinking she’s running. My slow/late front cross almost sent her off-course in the tunnel but we saved it and got her third JWW Q for her NAJ title.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
74 Posts
very nice runs :)

·
Registered
753 Posts
Congratulations :) It's always a good feeling when you get out of novice!

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
:congratulations: Onward and upward! :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
WAY TO GO!!! Gosh she is beautiful. Looks like you two are having a great time which is the important thing.

I too suffer from "I think I'm running..." and apparently I'm not. LOL. I found practicing sprints in my backyard or on my elliptical helped a bit with that.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! It's tough, because I definitely feel like I'm running faster than I actually am. Guess I'm gonna have to start practicing sprints too. :D

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Thanks! It's tough, because I definitely feel like I'm running faster than I actually am. Guess I'm gonna have to start practicing sprints too. :D
I completely share your sentiment on this! I swear I'm running like the wind out there! :rofl:

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
nice runs, your front crosses are GREAT! Congrats to you both!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts