German Shepherds Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
I had my pup on the Wolf pup and the gas and the amount of poop was unbelievable. Never had a solid poop all mush. I switched to Nutri-Life Holestic (all stages) and it is like night and day. No gas and much less and firm poop.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I just switched my two to Solid Gold Barking at the Moon (their grain free food) and so far so good. They both LOVE the food and no loose stools! (thank goodness!!) I am mixing half and half with the old food now, but the transition is going good. Libby is picky about her food and she didn't hesitate at all when I put her bowl down with the BATM in it!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well its been a while and I guess I'll bump my thread. Seems to me that many foods have changed since I made this...interesting.

Fed Natural balance for about 6 months with pretty good results. My dog didn't stink or shed and had good stool, was overall satisfied except for two things - she didn't care for the taste and would lose weight. Also the lack of support for joints is alarming to me personally - at least for long term feeding.

Been transitioning to wellness core which is suddenly available near me. I like the ingredients(even if there are a lot of them) and so far things are going good. Tomorrow will start week 2, almost all core.

All in all though the NB is a great compromise for price and quality, Every dog I know tolerates it, I'll probably go in rotations with it and core if it works out.

The k-9 in question:
[/img]

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I've had great experience with Solid Gold and Natural Balance. I think they are both great products. I would have kept Ava on the Solid Gold but she couldn't handle the Bison (food allergy)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts