German Shepherds Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
906 Posts
Giardia is definitely hard to find, you need a really good poop sample for it. Also from what I've read about it, you have to catch it in the right stage. Kind of like fleas, they'll lay eggs and then bombard the poor pups digestive system when your not looking! I hope the new diet works out for you! Keep us posted!!

· Registered
1,044 Posts
This is identical to Titon's issues earlier. Tested for everything and was negative (my wallet hated me for the amounts of the testing with negative results).

Vet prescribed Tylan with dry food. It firmed up his poos but I was hesitant to keep him on this stuff long term.

Switched to Nature's Varity Frozen Raw Chubs without any Tylan and everything cleared up instantly. Hard stools and very little of it.

I suggest trying that for a week and report back.

Just my 2 cents.

-E

· Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Solid poo!!! Woot!

We separated out the probiotics as suggested, switched to California Natural Lamb and Rice (still increasing) and did an additional course of Flagyl.

Oddd note, right before his poo went back to normal I fertilized the grass with a pet safe organic mix that is made of fish bone and meal and probiotics in it and he started eating dirt clods like crazy...who knows...maybe it was good for him! :)

Anyway, we are finally having success.

· Registered
515 Posts
Solid poo!!! Woot!

We separated out the probiotics as suggested, switched to California Natural Lamb and Rice (still increasing) and did an additional course of Flagyl.

Oddd note, right before his poo went back to normal I fertilized the grass with a pet safe organic mix that is made of fish bone and meal and probiotics in it and he started eating dirt clods like crazy...who knows...maybe it was good for him! :)

Anyway, we are finally having success.
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but how is your pup doing? Is he still on California Natural's Lamb and Rice?

I am having similar issues with my boy, and just wondered how that food worked for you?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.