German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gsd is 4 months old now .. I need some suggestions plz.. Is it good for him to see older dogs or that would scare him specially if they tried to attack him.. I dont want that to have a bad influence on him when hes older ... Whats the best way to make him self confident?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Do not let him near any dogs, big or small, that might try to attack him. If you're not 100% sure the dog is friendly, don't try it. Everyone thinks their dog is friendly if you ask, but most people don't have a clue. That's the kind of stuff that will ruin a dog for life.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would do a professional doggie "daycare" kind of situation. That's what I'm doing with my 7 month old. When I first got him, we discovered he had Giardia and I couldn't take him to the puppy classes I had originally planned on. We ended up getting a private trainer (I just wanted to make sure I wasn't training him the wrong way!) and although that went well, I still need to get him socialized with other dogs. Once the giardia cleared up, the trainer suggested this place not too far from my house. The place requires all shots and all dogs over 6 months must be neutered/spayed. All play is closely supervised and no one is allowed in who is deemed too aggressive. That met my qualifications! Ares got neutered yesterday so I'm just waiting for him to heal up and I'm taking him to the doggy play center to meet new buddies in a safe and supervised environment! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts