German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a big beautiful german shepherd puppy who brings joy to our lives everyday. This year the only thing I'm not looking forward to is leaving Mac behind when we visit our relatives.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This week we have house guests from out of town. They told us they loved dogs especially german shepherds. But since they've been here they've made mine and Mac's life ****

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
miserable. Sorry folks I'm having some sort of computer issue

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
My brother's girlfriend is hosting this year-and invited Max! I know what you mean though...

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mac is our baby..and our house guests are acting like he's a huge pain in the [email protected]@. Last night Mac brushed by my sister-in-law and she asked me to put him in his crate. I told her that he was acting like a normal dog and that if she didn't like it she could go in the crate....before we invited her she told me she was socialized with dogs...not so much

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
why? are they asking you to crate him or something like that? i hear ya though. when i go on vacation is miss my pups and hate having to put em in a kennel. but we need our fun too! haha

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I usually require guest to wear e-collars when they come over for the holidays. When I have had my fill of their BS, I zap them and send them home. LOL

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Hmm. Well Mac is part of your family and that is his home. Perhaps there is a hotel nearby...

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I told her all about Mac before I offered to let her stay here. I told her he was an 80 lb loveable force. She actually told me she was looking forward to playing with him.

By the way, thanks for the responses....I like all of them..Mac is being good and she's the one who should get shocked, crated or put outside...or a hotel.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Sage has to stay home on Thanksgiving :( but my mom lives 10-15 minutes away so I won't miss him too much :)

Apparently people like food without dog hair in it :rofl:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My brother's girlfriend is hosting this year-and invited Max! I know what you mean though...
I love that your brother invited your boy! Thats great. Are you bringing him?

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Mac is a permanent resident of the house. They are just guests. If they've got a problem with Mac, they can go sit in the crate.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mac is a permanent resident of the house. They are just guests. If they've got a problem with Mac, they can go sit in the crate.
That is exactly what I told them last night! And I meant it.

I was so mad.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mac gets excited ... but mostly he just likes to give a nudge, get a pet and then go about his business. This lady literally screeched and cowered. I honestly think Mac thought it was a game.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Ughhh that's so annoying!! When my husbands family was down last year for our wedding it was such a pain in the butt. I got so mad just like you. My husband and I went to run an errand and we came back to find our dogs locked in the bedroom. I wasn't that mad but then the next day they did it again. I'm sure you could have seen the smoke coming out of my ears. I told him him if they do it again that he's going to have to say something. I also told him that this is our dogs home, not theirs lol. I know it's a little over the top but I would never put someone elses dogs away unless they told me to. I think they weren't use to having dogs in the house since all of their dogs are pure hunting dogs and stay in kennels outside.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
At least Mac's not trying to eat them like my Victor does. He has to be put in a kennel outside because he can't handle guests. Your guests should realize at least he is friendly and loving towards them. My rule is if you don't like animals around you then don't come to our house and don't wear black.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ughhh that's so annoying!! When my husbands family was down last year for our wedding it was such a pain in the butt. I got so mad just like you. My husband and I went to run an errand and we came back to find our dogs locked in the bedroom. I wasn't that mad but then the next day they did it again. I'm sure you could have seen the smoke coming out of my ears. I told him him if they do it again that he's going to have to say something. I also told him that this is our dogs home, not theirs lol. I know it's a little over the top but I would never put someone elses dogs away unless they told me to. I think they weren't use to having dogs in the house since all of their dogs are pure hunting dogs and stay in kennels outside.
Oh my gosh, having a wedding is stressful enough. I cannot imagine having house guests....especially unsocialized humans. I don't think you were "over the top" at all

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
It's one thing if he's not good with people. If people actually have something to legitimately be afraid of, i'd completely understand crating. Even if he was jumping all over them and wouldn't stop, i'd understand crating him, but it doesn't sound like he's doing any of that.

You gave your guests warning that you had a dog and they said they had no problem with that. It's not like they just showed up and some dog was in their face without any kind of warning.

You let them know you had a dog and they didn't care. If they now have a problem with that than that's their fault. I care more about my dog than some random house guests so if I were you I would not be crating mac.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts