German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kaiser (11 weeks) got his latest round of shots this week so I decided that I am ready to take him out for socializing. Really wasn't sure what to expect or how he would react but he was awesome!

We are really lucky to have friends that have a 13 week old lab so we went over there for a quick visit just so see how he would do. At first he had zero interest in the lab but that changed quickly. They started out slow but within a few minutes they where chasing each other all over the deck.

After that we headed to the Pet Store for the first time, again a trooper. Was great on the leash, didn't get crazy with all of the treats and toys at his level and I think that every single person in that store came up to him to pet him. He loved every minute of it. I think that he was more excited to see them then us when we come home from work.

Now he is passed out on the floor and slept through his dinner time.

Do you think the pet store would mind if we just showed up every day and wandered around? :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Do you think the pet store would mind if we just showed up every day and wandered around? :D
Absolutely not, in fact, a lot of them really enjoy it. I usually go to our local pet stores (multiple in a day) several times a week because there are so many different training opportunities.
My pups have one favorite guy in one of the stores who just melts when he sees them and they love him just as much. I've actually taught him a few of the german commands I use so he can interact with them better. The sales guy lost his dog last year but says he isn't ready to get another just yet so he loves pouring over other people's dogs for now.

By the way, I'm quite partial to the name Kaiser :wub: the first GSD I ever met had the same name and he was my sweetheart. (he was the K9 dog at the police department where I worked)

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
I took mine to the vet's office too, just to practice sitting in the waiting room, getting weighed, etc. The vet really appreciated it, the other patients like seeing puppies. Now it's no stress at all to go for an office visit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.