German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shadow is a bit of a social butterfly, she is the first to welcome any new dog at dog school and is often used to help calm down the more anxious aggressive dogs.
A few months back I seen a guy walking a GSD quit a distance away from the rest of the dogs at the dog park. I called out to this guy to ask if our dogs could meet (this was the first GSD I had seen down at the park) he said no his dog is aggressive with other GSD's.
Weeks after our non meeting with this dog, my son had Shadow at the park and he met the guy putting his dog back in his car (his dog was going nuts barking etc) My son and the man had a chat, and the man went on his way.
The next time he seen the man at the park, it was to late, Shadow had already approached the other dog. My son informed me that the meeting went extremely well. The other dog Jake was on a leash and barked a few times at Shadow and tried to dominate her, Shadow nipped him, he backed off and they played. ( I reprimanded my son no end for allowing Shadow to get in that position) Jakes owner was over the moon, Jake had never been able to play with another dog.
Over the past few weeks, when my son takes Shadow to the park and Jake is there on leash, Jake is pulling to try and get to Shadow. Jakes owner can now let Jake off leash when Shadow is around and he can play. Things are going so well, Jake can now even follow Shadow and play with a few of the other dogs. Shadow puts Jake in his place with a little nip or a bark and Jake behaves beautifully. I'm a proud mummy.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sometimes it just takes one good dog to work on a not so good dog..... and very patient owners. Great job!!! :D

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
awwwwwwww, what a good girl:)

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
What a good girl Shadow is!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts