German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
176 Posts
Great video. The only thing I question is at some of the agility trials I've been to there were some top contenders(handlers) that were pretty large and out of shape but they seem to be able to cut the angles and shorten their distances. The dogs on the other hand were working their tails off. LOL

·
Super Moderator
32,031 Posts
Wow, that course looks dangerous with all that mud! So many people slipping all over the place.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
What kind of dog is that at the 5:21 mark on the video?

I was surprised to see one of the dogs stop in the weave poles when the handler fell. Is that what most dogs would do? I guess I was assuming the dog would at least finish that, giving the handler some time to recover.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Awesome!
But, I've always considered it sport.

Thank you for posting it!

·
Super Moderator
32,031 Posts
I was surprised to see one of the dogs stop in the weave poles when the handler fell. Is that what most dogs would do? I guess I was assuming the dog would at least finish that, giving the handler some time to recover.
I don't know if it's typical or not, but I'm pretty sure if I fell my dogs would stop whatever they were doing and come to me. When I fell in Dena's agility class and broke my shoulder she was right there:

Although part of that was all about scarfing up the treats that fell out of the bag when I tripped, lol! :wild:

·
Super Moderator
32,031 Posts
Broke your shoulder!?! Yikes! I shouldn't have laughed, but when you said ^ I couldn't help it. :blush:
No worries! It was halfway through the class, and I hurt like :censored: but I had no idea it was actually broken. I finished the rest of the class working her on my left side instead of alternating sides, since it was my right shoulder. Tom asked me if I wanted to go to the ER, and I said NO! On the way home from class I realized I should probably have it looked at, but since I hadn't eaten anything yet (class was at 8:30 AM) and I knew we'd be waiting awhile, we stopped for lunch on the way. At a brew pub (yes, I had a beer! :rofl:) where I ate one handed while resting my right arm on the table.

It was the second to last week of class, and because I'm a trooper I showed up to the last week and worked her with my right arm in a sling. And because I'm a glutton for punishment, a week later we got Keefer, LOL!

This is when we got home from picking him up at the airport - you can see the sling:

Dealing with a 9 week old puppy and only one arm was quite a challenge! It was weeks before I could pick him up, I'd have Tom pick him up and put him in my lap.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Hmmmm... I'm sure you've posted this before. Czech girls- so hot. Anyway- that fall at 10:14 was absolutely brutal. That dog looked like he really got hurt, but shaked it off ok.

·
Registered
508 Posts
When you have a good relationship with them, dogs come right over to see what the heck is going on when their human is injured.

I was on foot chasing after some runaway livestock once when my foot when down in a hole, and I took a dive and dislocated my shoulder. I come down, I heard it crack, and there I was on the ground in extreme pain. My border collie who was no where near me at the time (she was doing her job on the other end of the herd) come right over instantly to see what the heck was wrong with me. :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts