German Shepherds Forum banner

301 - 320 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
One dog at a time here. Right now, that's Mr B. He's a nine year old chocolate lab. He doesn't care who's in charge as long as someone throws a ball for him. When Miss Cat was around, she was the queen - all 8 pounds of her. Mr B would lie on his back at a respectful distance with all four paws in the air whenever we gave Miss Cat the attention she knew she deserved.
I've never had dogs other than shepherds, except for briefly having a golden retriever rescue. The guy who rules the household and bosses my two GSDs around is a black male cat who weighs all of 9.5 lbs.!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Other than Ivy, our 2 yr old shepherd, we have Harley, a 2 yr old Boston Terrier. Harley is definitely the queen and the most spoiled. She's my mom's dog though so that may be why. Harley id like an energizer bunny, always playing fetch(inside and outside), taking control of toys, and barking. Ivy and her get along fine though unless Ivy becomes annoyed with the constant whining and barking. Ivy has more of an old soul, always relaxing and cuddling with us. It's interesting to watch them, you'd expect their personalities to be completely switched. Other than that we have 2 cats one fixed female and a male. Both belong to my sister, although the female is more independent. Ivy loves them both, always trying to cuddle them and nibble on their backs.

·
Registered
7,497 Posts
I have a two german shepherds- Max and Luna and a chihuahua he is the oldest -Topper. This photo last year with my daughter - the gang they often move around the house as one like the flock of birds heading south for the winter - including the bird - jasper who sometimes likes to stretch his wings. Luna and Jasper were new additions to the family since my last post in this thread- guinea pigs also most recent additions but they are not in this photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have three dogs
•Marco (Cazan) rottweiler 10 year, (male) He thinks he is barely 10 months, a crazy boy, playful and intense
•Casper, whippet 12 year, (male)
•Ivo, my german shepherd, 5 year (male)

Non of them are nautered, it’s not allowed in Norway

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
wow, what a houseful! I have 2 GSDs and that alone keeps me busy walking, training and cleaning up behind.
Two is plenty! With our 4 I usually pair them up and make two trips for exercise, but today I took 3 out individually to the state park...way too much driving, but they had fun and unlike some of the other dog walkers I encountered we didn't get cited. Park rangers were out cracking down on off leash dogs/owners, first time I've seen that.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have a nearly three year old Doberman GSD mix boy, a six month old GSD boy and a nearly eleven year old American Pit Bull Terrier girl! I’ve had all since wee pups, I grew up always having dogs but usually a mutt of some sort or pit types. They are all great dogs and have their own unique attributes to their personalities. I do not do cats, but I do have a cheeky African Grey and a small assortment of ducks. The birds and dogs all get along unless my puppy gets a naughty streak and splashes after the ducks in the creek out front!

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Enzo (born 4/15/18): Purebred German Shepherd (AKC registered)
Magnum (born 12/11): Rescued mix of all kinds of dogs, really have no idea what he is other than an amazing dog
Kona (Born 1/13): Great Pyrenees/Lab/Other things mix, found her on the side of the road in the country. Beautiful little puppy has become a big, sweet lady. Queen of the house.

·
Registered
72 Posts
1 American Cocker Spaniel from a long time family friend and retired breeder.
1-GSD From Greater Cal GSD rescue.
And 1 Beagle who recently turned 11 and still acts as if she's 2 :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a female Australian Shepherd. She is from stock dog breeding. She has a full tail and pointed ears so no AKC dog but I like this style anyway. Extremely high drives, tireless and lovable. Sometimes she just over does things. Here she is on the way to the vet after slipping on the ice and pulling some rear end muscles. We live in an apt so I had to carry her in my grocery cart to the elevator. Fortunately I had trained her to get in it so she was ok with me pulling her. I used two sweat shirts under her to lift her in as she couldn’t walk.

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Darcy, deaf and purebred Aussie rescue
Georgianna, purebred Beagle rescue
Hannah, registered Aussie, replaced a puppy I had to return (and she was the dog I wanted in the first place!)
Radar, Aussie/BC mix, local purchase from farmer
Jett, foster GSD

·
Registered
30 Posts
We have our GSD, Quest. We have two Whippets (Zoom and Poet), a Saluki (Streamer) and an NGA (racing bred) Greyhound (Erika) :) I also co own two Golden Retrievers (Apple and Remi) who do not live with me, and a Borzoi (Armani) who doesn't live with me, either.

·
Super Moderator
5,637 Posts
We have our GSD, Quest. We have two Whippets (Zoom and Poet), a Saluki (Streamer) and an NGA (racing bred) Greyhound (Erika) :) I also co own two Golden Retrievers (Apple and Remi) who do not live with me, and a Borzoi (Armani) who doesn't live with me, either.

I’m a little bit jealous that you have a Saluki.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Darcy, deaf and purebred Aussie rescue
Georgianna, purebred Beagle rescue
Hannah, registered Aussie, replaced a puppy I had to return (and she was the dog I wanted in the first place!)
Radar, Aussie/BC mix, local purchase from farmer
Jett, foster GSD
Really?? Is that the story you are sticking with? :laugh2:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Really?? Is that the story you are sticking with? :laugh2:
Yep. I was set on getting another Aussie pup in Spring 2020, and owning a GSD was never part of the plan. I have some traveling to do this summer and am pretty concerned about leaving Jett with my two young adult children--they have busy lives and being a GSD owner was not their choice. But my son seems to be enjoying working with Jett and so it might be ok. What happens after that, I don't know. I seriously doubt his owner will ever be in a position to take him back and, given his reactivity, I'm not sure she should.

But, assuming the summer goes well, I imagine I may have 3 dogs about a year from now. :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have an English Bulldog named Eloise M.Wrinklebottom (Yes, that is her real, registered name lol) She is 6, and then I have Dean who is my 11 month old GSD.
Ella is really laid back, and lets Dean get away with far too much, so I guess he rules the roost lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have 6 cats does that count??Libby, Momma,Specktra,Ryver, Hexxen and Zenna.?I tell my friends that I technically can't be considered a "Crazy Cat Lady" because I have a dog?

Attachments

301 - 320 of 327 Posts