German Shepherds Forum banner

281 - 300 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I will have one or two Chinese Crested Dogs and one GSD in the future - all males, probably. I have found all my female dogs in the past to be a bit "bitchy"! :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Carolina Dog/American Dingo, Sturgis 3 yo

He's around 50 lbs, tan and buff and is smaller than a GSD.

Most distinctive feature is the fishhook tail, which is unique to the breed.

His personality is sweet, gentle and loyal. He loves curling up beside me in bed.

The CD/AD is a rare breed listed with the United Kennel Club as a Pariah Dog/Primitive Sighthound.

In appearance, the dog resembles its Australian namesake.
I love my CD, he has such a personality and so much energy.

·
Registered
67 Posts
We have a 6 year old Miniature Goldendoodle, named, McGee and Cairo is our 12 week old GSD puppy.

McGee was really missing our 8 year old GSD who we lost several months ago to Degnerative Myelopathy. I am so happy that he and Cairo are best buddies already!

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Besides the GSD, I have a LabXGolden, who is a great dog and very friendly with kids, but I do not see myself ever owning another lab in this lifetime!

I also have a MalteseXYorkie who was a rescue that I raised from birth, although she currently lives with my parents so that she can keep my mother's dog company. I always had Maltese growing up, and am quite fond of the breed.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Not really all mine. We have a border collie (my son's), a Pomeranian mixed with I don't know what, another Pomeranian mix with chihuahua (my daughter's) and now our German Shepherd mixed with lab. For the first time in our lives we have no collies or shelties in our house weird. We where going to get a full blooded German Shepherd but when I saw her at the shelter website I couldn't help but go look at her and that was all it took. She is so different than any puppy I have ever had. I don't know if it is because she was so malnourished or just so laid back.

·
Registered
19 Posts
All of my dogs are fixed.

9 year old Great Pyrenees X Anatolian X Lab, 65lbs
8 year old Pit Bull X, 55 lbs
Unknown Age, but young, Husky X GSD X Border Collie, 40lbs
3 year old Dachshund X Chihuahua X Min Pin, 15lbs

GP mix is the top dog.

·
Registered
34 Posts
One dog at a time here. Right now, that's Mr B. He's a nine year old chocolate lab. He doesn't care who's in charge as long as someone throws a ball for him. When Miss Cat was around, she was the queen - all 8 pounds of her. Mr B would lie on his back at a respectful distance with all four paws in the air whenever we gave Miss Cat the attention she knew she deserved.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have 4 shelties and a standard poodle
Skyler- 12 year old bi-blue
Belle- 9 y/o bi-black
Dusty- 7 y/o sable
Summer- 5 y/o bi-blue
Basil- 4 month old cream (guide dog foster puppy)

·
Registered
62 Posts
A lurcher who's 10 and an mini bull terrier who's 7.
The mini bull's stupidest and softest dog I've ever known,just wants to be made a fuss of by people,but she's super fit and is easy to put into terrific shape and I think her lean and muscular physique scares people.

People give me as wide a berth as possible and cross the road to get away from me when she's with us,it's ironic because I generally have very little trust in dogs,but I trust this bitch around my children.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Can't remember the last time I posted in this thread, but boy has the dog situation expanded in the house LOL. And unfortunately lost both my cats in a short period last year due to illness :(

I still have my 2 & 3 year old Shepherds, Ruger & Ember. My ex's 14 year old Rottie also stays there for now.
My boyfriend moved in, with his boxer/bulldog mix, and red double merler heeler.
And a roommate came to live with me also and brought 2 Boykin Spaniels.

We like to call it the Mutt Hut LOL.

·
Registered
58 Posts
We have Juice: Schutz trained 18 month black n tan GSD. And her ' kong' Eddie: a 11 month old borderline collie. I lost our 2 seniors last yr. Generally i have herders gsd n rotties. Had a brain fart n said yes when offerred Eddie pup lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Current:

Goliath 1/24/18 - male, German Shepherd (told purebred but no papers)
Lucy 4/11/16 - female, Black Lab/Brittany Spaniel mix - adopted from shelter
Weeko 5/2/16 - female, Wolf, Alaskan Malamute mix

Past:

Brody - adopted from a rescue when he was about 5 years old, was a German Shepherd mix. We got him in 2011. We have been without him for about a year. :(

Shadow - a purebred Black Lab, with papers, has been gone for about 2 years, at the age of 13.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone i have an 18 year old Jack Russell.. Java ...who is the grandpa of the group.. a 10 year old red lab....Gypsy...who is the mom ..a pug ..Shadow.. 8 who is the princess ..her sister a black GSD... Zoey ..who is 2 1/2 and a baby brother a blue GSD... Lobo ..who is 12 weeks old...and a big fluff ball lol...

281 - 300 of 340 Posts