German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was walking the track around our dog park with Emery.. I noticed a woman had hit her puppy because it playful jumped on her. I am not dumb I know the difference between a puppy jumping, and a puppy attacking you. I wanted to smack her and show her how it felt. Sorry needed to vent, but there are better ways to reinforce jumping... I swear!!!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
32,416 Posts
I watched one woman who had taught her dog to jump on her shoulders try to do an agility trial. The dog, super excited, was jumping on her shoulders instead of doing the course. She got mad and knocked the dog off her shoulders...5' to the ground.

yeaha...it was all cute fun and games until you don't want them to do that.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I was at a horse show with some friends and there was a family with a Rotti pup. Adorable, it was probably 10 weeks old. It did something similar, jumped up or something and the girl, didn't kick it exactly, but pushed it away with her foot pretty hard. This lady went nuts onthe girl. Good on her! My friend thanked her for speaking up and the woman welled up with tears she was so upset that the kid did that.

I don't blame the kid entirely, if they don't know how to handle a puppy, the parents should have been supervising. But I'm sure they will remember that woman and how upset she was.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts