German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are out in the back yard with our dogs, almost 9 week old Jackson (GSD) and 10 year old Oz (lab Mix)...we are watching "the boys" play and trying to teach Jackson how to fetch a ball (yeah I know he is a bit young)..just having a lot of fun together...we hear this whining from next door...it is our neighbor's two year old boxer..poor baby..he is outside all day by himself, no one ever plays with him.

Told Dan I was ready to go next door and tell then I would take the dog...heck, what's one more huge dog in the house.

Point is, I do NOT understand why people get a dog then ignore it...makes no sense at all.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Many years ago I ended up with an incredible dog by doing what you want to do. I once took my next door neighbors 3 yr. old shepherd/collie that they claimed was too wild, barked too much and would not respond to training. They were sick of him. They did not even like going in the back yard because the dog was too unruly and boisterous so the dog received no attention from anyone. He just needed to be part of a family that actually wanted to have a dog. Eventually, he settled down and went through obedience training and, of all things, this wild, boisterous dog became a therapy dog that went to hospitals in the area. I applaud you for even thinking about asking for him.

I find it crazy to get a dog and keep it in the back yard constantly with little or no human contact.

·
Banned
1,829 Posts
When will people learn that dogs are "pack animals"?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dog is a sweetheart, but when he is around people he really is out of control. I KNOW, even with my limited experience, I could get him in shape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts