German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be silly, might not be, but I always get butterflies in my stomach when my pup goes up and greets someone.
He's a bit on the timid side, and always has been, but the past few months we had been lacking in socialization. Starting last week we upped the socialization -- we go everywhere at LEAST 3 times a week and I often get in 5 days a week of meeting other people, having them give him treats and all. Today he even gave a woman a kiss on the cheek! The other day he went up to a man and gave him some sniffs!

We're talking to a trainer to start classes (she does small group classes) next week. I'm feeling more confident in her than I did our last trainer because she's also a behaviorist (he has growled a man last week so I was wanting to get help if/when I need extra help with fear aggression)

Siegfried still has his moments, still doesn't want people to touch him, is especially timid around some men, but I feel that we've gone from 0 touching to at least going up to people and sniffing.
I'm hoping that I can get him more confident around people and might just be able to kick this shyness in the butt (or at least most of it!).

I'm feeling especially positive today and had to let it out. This might be our 'updates' thread, too.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Congrats! Siegfried is starting to gain confidence and enjoying meeting people.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts