German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had Zeus for almost 2 weeks now and despite of him being sick and not being able to have any special treats (just his normal kibble) he learned:

His name, come here, outside, sit, shake, down, up.

We are working on "Leave it" - I think he knows it, but hates it and tosses tantrums.

Stay - hard one for me to train.

Almost got the drop it, and spin and toy.

I love my little sponge I just so wish the landshark phase was easier and he was not such a vacuum cleaner. (constantly pulling things out of his mouth especially outside.

I am hoping that AKC STAR puppy classes will help us with things we are stuck on =)

If anyone has training videos or good websites, please share.

Just had to brag, we are so proud of our little fuzzy piranha.

·
Registered
148 Posts
He is adorable! And it sounds like you are doing great so far with his training. GSD's are so darn smart!
I have seen some excellent training videos at the Leerburg website.
leerburg.com
Lots of training videos, supplies, etc.

·
Registered
418 Posts

·
Registered
10,593 Posts
Awwwwww!
I second Leerburg. The eight weeks to eight months video was really useful for me. I never would've thought to get an ex pen, but I still have one and this is where Hans likes to go sleep or chill out.
There were also really good tips on how to socialize and what socialization really means. Such as take your dog out and have people ignore him, instead of interacting with every single person that shows up.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is great, thank you so much everyone! They are super smart, he amazes me everyday. =)

So far getting a puppy has been the best decision ever!

·
Registered
283 Posts
That face - the eyes, the look :wub: Love it

He will do great. My Emma is a sponge too - just trying to make sure she gets the correct sponge? :confused:

His eyes are beautiful, full of love:wub::wild::D

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That face - the eyes, the look :wub: Love it

He will do great. My Emma is a sponge too - just trying to make sure she gets the correct sponge? :confused:

His eyes are beautiful, full of love:wub::wild::D
Thank you, and that mouth is full of razor teeth =) hehe!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Awwww, your baby is adorable. I especially love the pic of him running. Who could say no to that face.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you =)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts