German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is almost 6 months. We have been working on walking around the neighborhood. The first time we went on a longish walk it was a disaster, leash spinning, pulling backward...just a terrorized dog. Other dogs scared him, kids scared him and scooters....the scooters were the worst.

We have been taking it slow since then, Basically just walking on our street, but today he was doing so well we went on another longish walk. Maybe 1/2 a mile. I was so proud of him. The two german shepherds that FREAKED home out last time caught his attention, but he stayed on heel. Othere things that caught his attention, but he remained on heel were cars and blaring music from a garage.

Things we had to work on passing was the fire hydrant (go figure) and a trash can with it's lid open. I just walked him around the fire hydrant. Teh trash can he strated pulling back, so we changed directions and came back to it. The second time he passed it with no issues.

The last ting that caused some issue...I guess was a man walking towards us. He obviously wasn't going to share the sidewalk, so I crossed the street, but he was trying to stare Riley down and Riley was standing there staring back, but he wouldn't walk until the man was further away. We need to work on that.

Overall it was a great walk for Riley!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
It makes me so happy knowing these fearful dogs can overcome obstacles like this great job keep up the good work

1 - 4 of 4 Posts