German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cody and I got our first leg for our open A (CDX title) today at an ALLBREED show in DeKalb IL.

I am so proud of my boy.... I was very nervous, since allbreed shows are not the easiest ones to enter... all those goldens and border collies that always come to first places, those are tough to beat.. BUT we got FIRST PLACE with a score of 189... that tells you how strict the judge was....
We had 20 dogs entered in Open A and three qualified...

Cody's heeling could have been better... rather than lagging he forged... which IMO is better than lagging, but not good nevertheless.. His figure eight was nice, better than ever in training. His down on recall was nice. HE did not hesitate and downed immadiately. His dumbbell retrive was nice, not fast but not the slowest either. He jumps 30" in the tall jump and 60" in the broad jump... He had a little bit of a crooked finish after the broad jump... but I don't care we qualified!!!!!
His 3-minute sit stay and 5-minute down-stay out of sight was nice. Obviously I don't know how he did, except that he did not move

I love you my big boy!!!!!
HE is getting a nice marrow bone tonight!!!

·
Registered
9,093 Posts
Paivi...and Cody.. THAT's EXCELLENT NEWS!! I know personally how hard Open classes are.. BIG Congratulations to you two!!! Doing the little happy dance here in MD. LOL.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Big, BIG congrats!

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Paivi, that is AWESOME!!!
to you!! I've been checking the board all evening to see if you were going to post or not.
Bet you can't wait to tell Vince

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. Yeah Trish and Lynn... it can be hard... like I said out of 20 dogs there were only 3 that qualified... I am happy that we did... now two more to go...
Nicky... LOL... CANNOT WAIT till Wednesday when I get to tell Vince...." so how did you do"... We got first!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Yes, very nice performance. I got to see it in person!! Congrats again!!!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now Chris... where is your bragg about your little girl??????

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Originally Posted By: SuperpupNow Chris... where is your bragg about your little girl??????
Well Ms. Denise has not sent me the video yet....

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

1 - 15 of 15 Posts