German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe our little Adalwolf (Maverick!) has been here for over a week! Sometimes it seems like he has been here always, and then I realize, 'oh yeah, he hasn't ever seen that before... this should be interesting!' . I thought I'd put up some pictures so you all could check him out, and so his friends could see how he is doing.

He is getting so big, I can't believe it. Oddly enough, it seemed he was the same size until exactly a week went by, then we woke up the next morning and his harness didn't fit! How strange, I didn't know they could grow over night!!

A couple of worries I'm having are about his ears. First of all, sometimes they look like ears from two different dogs got stuck on his head! And, they were standing up fine until we did a bit of socialization with the family and I noticed my family members were petting his ears a lot and the next day one of them was floppy, and it still is. Is it possible that somehow it got damaged, or is it just from all the playing and chewing? (Do I sound over-protective? I don't want to be, and I'm sure my family thought I was nuts when I kept saying, 'Please, just be easy on his ears!') I plan to check out the 'ear' section of the forum when I get done studying for my next organic chemistry test... (I should say, if I ever get done)

Well, it might take me awhile to figure out how to get the pictures up correctly, so I'll do a test image in this post, and then try and put the rest in the next.

Here's his excited yawn/bark:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think it worked

I think the picture worked, so I'll put the rest here. Warning, there are a few pics here, so if it slows your computer down, I apologize!

Checking out his new digs:

Going for a walk down his new driveway! He was hilarious and wanted to carry his leash part of the way. He didn't chew on it, but just carried the end closest to him.... maybe he was trying to show he could do it himself?? On the way back he seemed much too tired to hold it anymore!

Oh yes, he already understands that this look will gain him access to the couch, and anywhere else:

And I thought this was a telling picture after he heard my husband and I talking about what possible breeds he might be. Pesky genetics!
(If anyone out there thinks they know what he might be mixed with, please let us know!)

And then these two were taken the day he seemed have grown suddenly (Notice his one floppy ear! Pesky family, coming in here and breaking his little ear!).

I will try not to overload this with pictures, but it is so hard because we love him so much, and are so happy that he is here! I'll end it on this picture which is one of my favorites.... (Yes, he is on the bed, but he sleeps in his crate like a champ at night when the day is done!) He is the biggest snuggle-bunny! I love it!

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Great photos! He's really cute. We pet the heck out of our puppies' ears and they both stand just fine.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Great looking dog !!! He is going to scare some people when he grows with that sinister black coat but don't sweat the ears - they will stand !!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I see them, and oh my gosh he is the CUTEST!!! Love the one of him holding on to his leash, maybe he was walking YOU:))

Very very cute!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I can see them, cute, cute, cute! Love the one where's he's carrying his leash and the last one should be on a puppy poster or calender. He looks like he's smiling in his sleep!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, I saw the test one too! Pretty scenery, where is it?
Thanks for the reassurance about the ears! My family was really thwacking them about, so the next day when one was down, I panicked! And thanks for the comment about the scenery. These were all taken at home in the Catskills.

And, kidkhmer, haha! Yep, It is funny that there is so much scary lore about black-coated dogs. I read some stuff online recently about how black dogs were considered throughout history to be rather scary and/or occultish, and I thought it was really interesting. I guess there is something about a dark animal at night that brings out our fears?

Well, he matches our all black cat too, as you (hopefully!) can see below, so it works out!

And, sorry that you can't see the pictures liljoec! I don't post in forums a lot, so I'm not great at making perfect photo-threads.

Thank you Jakoda and WhiteShepherds for being able to see his cuteness like I do! Ha. I feel like one of those people who goes on about how cute their kid is, and then you see the child, and you think 'meh'.... Hmm, of course that could just be me I guess, and most people think all kids are cute! lol.
Our little buddy sure is perfect to me! :puppy:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
OH YAY!!!!! I've been DYING of curiosity about how things are going for you. Oh, I think he's just wonderful. Is he old enough to be teething? That can make the ears temporarily wonky. Being tired out will do this too. As long as he's got good stuff to chew on he should be just fine. (personally, I'm a bit partial to soft ears, shhh, don't tell)

I wonder if all puppies do the carry the leash thing? I know both of mine did. Super charming, you'll be glad you got a picture of that when he grows out of it.

Love your property, what a lovely place to raise your puppy!

Nice photography too, like the black and white photos.

·
Registered
403 Posts
He is too cute.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks! And, Good Karma, yes, he is either going insane, or starting to teeth a lot! He has become, basically, a spazzy set of walking jaws!

He is also doing so many things I've never seen a dog really do before, and I have soo many questions, and I think I am going to try to get them all together and put them in one post in the puppy section. He is so hilarious so far! He constantly tries to help with whatever I am doing! (Is that part of being a 'working dog'?) He watches me soo freaking intently! It is wild.

Ha. Now he is chewing on the keyboard while I type! But it is this funny little 'flea-bite' bite.

He also does this nose jab thing which is rather funny. He likes to punch you with his nose if he hasn't seen you in awhile! I love him so much. Even when all he does is snap-snap at everything within reach. lol. Craziness abounds!

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Oh yeah, I'm familiar with the nose jab. Teething will last long enough to almost put you over the edge, but it will stop just in time

1 - 16 of 16 Posts