German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever had a moment when you look at your dog and he/she looks at you and you think to yourself "how did I ever live without you?" When I look at Sinister I just cant imagine life without him. I love him so much, he means everything to me, being alone and on my own at 22 years old living in a not so good neighborhood I could have never done this without him. He makes me feel safe, he makes me feel like I'm not alone. After I tell him how much I love him I suddenly feel a rush of sadness and heartbreak, I think to myself "I only have a short time with you, what am I going to do without you?" I then find myself crying, Sin puts his paw on my knee as though he is saying "everything is going to be ok, I'll always be with you." Then I smile and give him a hug, the thought of losing him is still in the back of my mind but for now I'm going to enjoy the good times, I'm going to enjoy every minute with my Sinister Boy. :wub:

My favorite picture of Sin

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I know exactly what you mean Lauren :( I feel the same way but I guess when we open our hearts to our animal friends we have to realise that they will be with us in life for a short time, but in our soul for ever :hug: Love that pic of gorgeous Sin :wub:

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know exactly what you mean Lauren :( I feel the same way but I guess when we open our hearts to our animal friends we have to realise that they will be with us in life for a short time, but in our soul for ever :hug: Love that pic of gorgeous Sin :wub:
Thank you Bianca. It's an old picture of him but it's my favorite because I remember that day was so much fun. I need to put new pictures up.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. Mine is 6 months old and we waited a LONG time for him. I never take for granted that this wonderful creature entered our lives.

The companionship of a dog is like nothing else.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
How lucky Sin is to have a 'Mom' who loves him so deeply! How could Sin ever want more?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I feel exactly the same way. Every morning I reach over and rub Riley's head and tell him I love him. I appreciate every day that I can reach over and touch him because I know one day he won't be there to touch and tell him that I love him.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I know exactly how you feel :)
Jax is my second favorite dog (equally favorite, second in chronological order). When my boxer died it was the worst thing that ever happened to me... at least now that it's happened, I don't have to wonder what it would be like and I can put it to the back of my mind for now and enjoy our time together.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I know how you feel. Dakota is the doggy love of my life. I love her so much and I tell her all the time. She looks a lot like Sinister, btw.

Jackie is starting to capture my heart too, but I have to admit not as much as Dakota. Shhhhh, don't tell her. :) She looks at me with those eyes and I'm starting to really feel a connection. She seems so much more wise than just 15 weeks.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know how you feel. Dakota is the doggy love of my life. I love her so much and I tell her all the time. She looks a lot like Sinister, btw.

Jackie is starting to capture my heart too, but I have to admit not as much as Dakota. Shhhhh, don't tell her. :) She looks at me with those eyes and I'm starting to really feel a connection. She seems so much more wise than just 15 weeks.
Black GSD's are the best :blush: :D

Your little Dakota is adorable. She'll grow on you and then you'll have 2 great dogs to love.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
I know how you feel. After Chiefy passed away, I never thought I would want another dog.Chiefy was a love, and I still miss him every day. Ten years later, looking at Wolfie, my heart aches at the thought of losing him, yet at the same time, I wonder how I went ten years without a dog in my life.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yeah, I wasn't too sure about Dakota being black when we first got her. Now I couldn't imagine not having a black GSD. It's Jackie that's the new one though, not Dakota. Dakota is my absolute love!

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I wasn't too sure about Dakota being black when we first got her. Now I couldn't imagine not having a black GSD. It's Jackie that's the new one though, not Dakota. Dakota is my absolute love!
Hahaha, I knew I messed that up! :crazy:

·
2,967 Posts
Yes. Argos makes his smiling at Mom faces and I'm sunk.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Laren,

what is wrong with Sin? I thought he had slight HD, but i didn't know you might be losing him soon...this sucks!

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Laren,

what is wrong with Sin? I thought he had slight HD, but i didn't know you might be losing him soon...this sucks!
No, she isn't losing him. She is just thinking too much about the future, when Laren is an old lady. ;)

·
Registered
972 Posts
i feel the same way to my pups.. they are the world to me. It makes me want to cry when i think of the day ill have to say good bye, but i dont want to look back and remember me crying all the time! I need to give them the best life that they deserve and hope that they have fun.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I know just how you feel. I look at Max the same way sometimes and he is only 10 months old! I think it is because I lost my Rio at 16 months I sometimes panic if you know what I mean.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
what about the other dog and the 3 cats????

Have you ever had a moment when you look at your dog and he/she looks at you and you think to yourself "how did I ever live without you?" When I look at Sinister I just cant imagine life without him. I love him so much, he means everything to me, being alone and on my own at 22 years old living in a not so good neighborhood I could have never done this without him. He makes me feel safe, he makes me feel like I'm not alone. After I tell him how much I love him I suddenly feel a rush of sadness and heartbreak, I think to myself "I only have a short time with you, what am I going to do without you?" I then find myself crying, Sin puts his paw on my knee as though he is saying "everything is going to be ok, I'll always be with you." Then I smile and give him a hug, the thought of losing him is still in the back of my mind but for now I'm going to enjoy the good times, I'm going to enjoy every minute with my Sinister Boy. :wub:

My favorite picture of Sin

1 - 20 of 23 Posts