German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, hello all and thank you for having this venue for all of us GS lovers\owners being able to share and research whats BEST for our furry friends.

I currently have a 9 month old (just turned) since he was 7 weeks old. Pure breed AKC German Shepard. I am concerned on his food brand, amounts, and content. I am also concerned when I see alerts from the FDA or other potential marketing tactics to scare into buying this brand or staying away from tht brand. SO in short Im lost!

When I firt got him I bought a small bag of Buffalo Blue (light blue bag) for puppies and only fed him 25% of the bag

before switching to Purinia Pro Plan for LB Local vet recommended this... ate 2 bags of this

and switched to Victor Purpose Active Bog & Puppy

once I started his Puppy training classes as I was convinced by the trainer of the brand and higher protein and other healthy contents etc...

Now Im just concerned about hearing the Victor has changed their contents or it cant be trusted vs and I giving my GS the best option minus the risks within these foods vs grains vs Grain free etc etc etc...

I was researching the Fromm Brand now im just confused.

I run him daily, Highly active. Has a great PLAYFUL engaging demeanor.

I was giving him Omega 3 burp-less pill supplements 2-3 ytimes a week 300mg each pill, and also those Glucoseamine treats found ate Costco. As-well as Stella & Chewy's Meal Mixers as training treats along side the Real meat Brisket treats also found at Coscto.

Thoughts of moving forward...... PLEASE! AND THANK YOU!

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Dude, find a food that works for your dog and stick with it. Then you can worry about more important things like training and having fun with your dog! There are no "perfect" dog foods...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Most basic of good food is No corn no wheat no soy. Then see which your dog likes best and don't switch just because you want to feed him a 'better food'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts