German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went for a nice walk with our friends and neighbors the other day. Probably a mile and a half or so, nothing huge...and afterwards, we stopped by their house for a moment. They have a pool in their back yard, which is currently in winter mode, meaning a couple of feet below the rim and green/scummy. Well, I was keeping a close eye on my clumsy 15 month old pup because I was worried he'd fall into it...after all, this is the same guy who stumbles over his own giant paws every day! Little did I know that he would take a running start and launch himself right in the muck. I swear, if he was human he would have yelled 'Geronimo!' at that moment.

I thought I'd have to jump in after him and was ankle deep in it already when I realized he was swimming rather well. I pulled my feet out and called him over to the steps, and he crawled out looking way too proud of himself. I spent the remaining few minutes of the visit trying to keep him from jumping back in, so obviously he enjoyed the experience.

I took him right home and gave him a bath. And after the bath, he ran around the house like a madman chasing all of his toys one after the other. Quite an evening for the little fella...and now I know to keep him on a leash if I don't want him to get wet!

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
You surely do have a water dog - hope your summer plans include lots of swimming :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts