German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am getting my raw food from a dog deli where they grind it up specifically for dogs. But I am little skeptical about it what’s your guys opinion. Because it just seems like I have a hard time getting him to eat dry food and he loves the raw food

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
Hi Skrause and Welcome!

"I am getting my raw food from a dog deli where they grind it up specifically for dogs"

Unless the deli is producing a "Complete & Balanced" diet according to the AAFCO standards, it can affect your puppy or dog negatively creating health problems.

There are "Complete & Balanced" diets that you can purchase such as the following:
Bravo: Discover Balance Raw Diet | Beef Frozen Raw Dog Food Diet - Bravo Pet Food Find a store: Find a Bravo Retailer - Bravo Pet Food

Northwest Naturals: Recipes | Northwest Naturals Find a store: Store Locator

Primal: https://primalpetfoods.com/pages/canine-choose-your-primal Find a store: Primal Pet Foods:

Stella & Chewys: Venison Blend Frozen Raw Dinner Patties - Stella & Chewy's Pet Food Stella & Chewy is HPP

You may find other commercially prepared brands in your area, but the description MUST SAY: meets the AAFCO standard for complete and balanced nutrition for all life stages.

Do your "homework" on raw feeding and then decide!

Don't forget to post some pictures!

·
Registered
31,378 Posts
I feed puppies only a balanced commercial food. I really like K9 Kravings if it's available in your area. I use both homemade and commercial raw once they are adults. It's not rocket science to create a balanced homemade meal. You just have to buy vitamins and minerals to meet some of the values.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
If your dog likes it and budget is not an issue I don't see why not. But you'll have to educate yourself on the proper nutrients of raw feeding. I personally have got no time for that and would rather feed my dog quality dry food with toppers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts