German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pup can finally (had his shots on Friday) safely walk rather than have to sit on mom or dad's lap when we go out. To celebrate, hubby & I spent a couple of hours yesterday taking our 14 week old pup for some socializing. I was so proud of our pup - he was so calm and social. I loved it!! First stop was Starbucks - where he met a 3-yr old intact beautiful Boxer. Pup was not timid toward the dog, demonstrated confidence, and actually "whoofed" a few times. We allowed a safe greeting..The boxer's caretaker was very much in control of his dog. Pup met at least 15 folks (kids, males, females) at this location and he was very sweet, calm, and curious. We then went to another coffee shop (Peets) where the pup met another 10 folks who just lavished the pup with good attention. Then finally we went to Petco and just walked around the store - bought him a few treats. He met a few more folks and loved the aisle with biscuits and chews on display. Total he met 30 people and two grown dogs. This was his first time socializing without having to be carried and at his weight - boy was it a treat for all !!!!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Sounds like you guys are doing great! Keep up the socializing!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts