German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, I've waited 6 years to be able to get another GSD after my last one passed away. I finally found a breeder that I really liked and a pairing that I was extremely excited about. I was expecting to pick up my pup at the end of January. I just got a text from the breeder saying there was a misdiagnosis with the ultrasound and that the female isn't pregnant.

I know it's no ones fault, but I can't help feeling dejected. I was so looking forward to getting my pup but not much I can do now but wait till ... whenever.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Awww that stinks. So sorry. It happens, as you know. But if you like this breeder, then wait.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Same but she was pregnant but lost all the pups at birth. I agree you like the breeder wait for another pairing you like.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I doubt the breeder will do the same pairing again, which is a shame. However, I'll get over the disappointment eventually and I just need to figure out what to do next. He'll be breeding another of his females in March - April with stud yet to be confirmed. I've waited six years so I guess another 5 to 6 months shouldn't be a biggie, yet it sure feels like it is.

Have attached a couple of images of my previous little man. He was simply awesome!

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am very sorry for your situation. Remember that proverb, "good things come to those who wait."

Thank you for these precious pictures of your little man. Sorry for your loss.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts