German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone live near the San Fernando Valley, San Gabriel Valley, Ventura area or Valencia/Santa Clarita area and wanna meet up with our dogs?

I really want Sabo to have some doggie friends and am SOOOOOO against taking him to a dog park right now!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Have you tried meetup.com for private dog get togethers?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
There is a dog days of summer event June 30th in fountain valley. They have rally course, luring course, vendors, etc. Fiona and I will be there. Gilda and my mom will be there.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really!? I have to see if I can get that day off!!!!! I wanna go!!! Thank you for telling me! How do I find out about these events?

I have tried MeetUp. I applied to the only GSD group in a 50 mile radius and haven't heard if I was accepted :(. I really want sabo to meet dogs, but I guess I'm just a picky mom who only wants nice friends. Lol

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I found it on desperate paws of Orange County web site. It is a meetup thing, but I did't sign up, just nosed around their website.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I found it on desperate paws of Orange County web site. It is a meetup thing, but I did't sign up, just nosed around their website.

We're going too. I use the meet ups for hiking with the dogs. Well my kids do the hiking thing, me not so much :)

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
There is a dog days of summer event June 30th in fountain valley. They have rally course, luring course, vendors, etc. Fiona and I will be there. Gilda and my mom will be there.

:eek: I am going to try and be there!!! I've been dying to try lure coursing with Ollie!

Santa Clarita is a bit far from me... We need more San diegans :) But if we could all find something to meet in the middle...

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
I'm going to be going! If you see us, feel free to say hi but be warned Ollie LOVES dogs and meeting new people. :)

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I am excited to see people going. As the day gets closer, I'll post when we are going and any more info that I find. Found out there is no pre-sign ups for luring course. Sign up when get there. It starts at noon. We finish training class at 10:30 - 11:00, so we will head right over to make sure we get signed up.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
We should all meet up there??? A day with the GSD's.:)

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Dexter , my adult kids and I will be there. Dexter doesnt mind barking, hes pretty laid back. Maybe too laid back. he will find a spot and lay there..LOL
Cheyanna I pm'd you my number. Hope to see you all there.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
I'll be there. :) It'll be a busy weekend for us lol, we'll be herding on Saturday. I really want to try the lure coursing and agility and that will be my primary objective when I get there so I'll be in a rush to sign up but do hope to see you guys there! And don't worry Ollie is a barker too but he loves other dogs.

Here's my boy,

big bear by Carriesue82, on Flickr

Ollie by Carriesue82, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
On the site. It says there will be several kiddie pools and watering stations for the doggies.
Grass to walk on

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I plan on getting there early, because sign up for the luring is first come first served. We plan on setting up chairs to hang out.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Wow says its supposed to be 84 that day... I am going to melt, lol! I live right on the coast, I can see the ocean from my house so up until a couple days ago its only been in the 60's here. Definitely going to bring my little pocket fan and may only stay a few hours, we'll see. I also plan to get there early. Glad there will be water stations for the pups and I know Ollie will enjoy the pools. :)

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
We wanted to take a minute and update everyone about the big event this Sunday. *This will be the last update.

There has been several recent stories in the local media about Summerfest and Dog Day Afternoon. *We hope you'll take a minute and read them as the one in the Orange County Register today has all the details of the entire Summerfest Schedule as well as Dog Day Afternoon. *There is also a map of the venue with parking details. Note that the online version of the O.C. Register has changed and if you're not a subscriber to the Register you can still view the stories with their free 7 day trial to learn all the details.

Patch News Story:*

http://fountainvalley.patch.com/groups/editors-picks/p/dogs-invited-to-fountain-valley-summerfestOrange County Register Story One:*

The Orange County Register County Register Story Two with full Summerfest Line Up and Venue Map:*

The Orange County Register are two water stations at the event which will have bowls and water continuously full for all the dogs. *At these stations there will also be a

"Kiddie Pool" for the dogs who would like to cool off further.

Note: Orange County Animal Care Explorer Post 538 will be attending this year and monitoring the area as well as the parking lots. *Not that we worry our members would do it, but if you*happen to see a dog in a parked car, please let us know immediately. *80 degree temperatures can heat a car to over 130 degrees in minutes and cause severe injury and death to dogs.

There will be a Dog Day Afternoon Info Booth where people can register their dogs for the Independence Day themed Costume Contest as well as get any other information about the event.

DOGTV The Title Sponsor of Dog Day Afternoon is attending and will have a special offer for everyone. *DOGTV is coming to DirecTV on August 1st so DirecTV customers will definitely want to check out this great offer.

A Low Cost Vaccination and Microchip Clinic will be there from noon to 6:00 P.M. *If your dog doesn't have a microchip or is in need of vaccinations please take this opportunity to get it done. *Microchips are the best way to ensure your dog's safe return should they get lost.

Agility and Lure Coursing will be happening all day for the dogs to try out with demos scheduled as well. *There will be two Frisbee Disc Dog demos. * Police K-9 Demo and Q. and A. is at approximately 4:15 p.m. Journey the Wolf Dog Ambassador will be attending the event and walking around for everyone to meet him and get photos. *He'll also be doing a Q. and A. as well at approximately 3:30 p.m. *Sebastian Saraceno from Animal Planet's "Pit Boss" will be there all day.

Adoptable dogs and cats from over 25 rescues will be available for you to meet and hopefully you'll make a new furry friend. *PLEASE DO NOT TAKE YOUR PAWS INTO THE ADOPTABLE CAT BOOTHS. *PEOPLE ONLY!

15 Food Booths will be open from Noon to 10:00 P.M. serving all sorts of carnival and fair type food. *The Beer/Wine/Margarita Garden will be open from Noon to 10:00 P.M. *Please note you will need a wristband to show proof of being over 21 and you can get those at the garden.

Concerts will begin at Noon and last until 11:00 P.M. here are just three of the bands performing.

Noon-2 p.m. Rebel Souls (Southern Rock),*

2:30-4:30 p.m. Abbey Road (Beatles Tribute Band),*7-9 p.m. Boneyard (Classic Rock).Midway Games and Carnival Rides will be open all day as well. *Dogs are allowed in all areas of Summerfest, but not allowed on the carnival rides.

Brandi and I will be out of the office for the remainder of this weekend. *If you have any questions about Sunday's Summerfest Dog Day Afternoon or any portion of the 4 Day Summerfest Celebration, please don't hesitate to contact us at our toll free number at 877.215.PAWS.

Thank you all again for attending now lets have some fun this Sunday and show everyone that Dogs aren't Just Pets, but Part of the Family!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts