German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
I could be mistaken, but, for me they look belong to one of of American lines, because they are slender, with crooked spines. German lines are bulkier in appearance, their straight spine is sloping down not so noticably, and their skuls are more massive. I would never risk buying a puppy whose parents never passed neither Schutzhund, nor Agility tests. Of course, there are many other intellectual, not physical only test types and certificates, you know, what I mean, I want to say about mental health of the dog. The trouble is, that it is inbred in German Shepherds to be nervous dogs. Probably, that's why they are so intelligent, but also could be neurotic, too shy, overagressive, or fall into depression too easily. The temperament of GSD is determined genetically. Social qualities in humans, like, son of genius has good chances to inherit his father's or mother's talents, son of a criminal has inborn tendencies and urge similar to his father's, so, in dog are present as in a social creature in his own doggie way. If these dogs visited Germany it doesn't mean they are of the best German line. They were on the show ring, they didn't pass German tests standard for GSD.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Well it says on the website that the parents have both passed SchH. The father is SchH 3, and the mother is SchH 1
These dogs are West German Show Lines. I am not sure how David Taggart comes by his information, but he is mistaken.

OP, have you spoken to this breeder? Are you close enough to visit them, meet the dogs?
Sheilah

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These dogs are West German Show Lines. I am not sure how David Taggart comes by his information, but he is mistaken.

OP, have you spoken to this breeder? Are you close enough to visit them, meet the dogs?
Sheilah
Yup we exchanged a few emails and spoke on the phone, they seem very cool and they respond very quickly. I definitely plan to visit the puppies soon, they're only an hour away.

I was just wondering if anyone here has dealt with them and could give me some feedback prior to my visit/purchase.

·
Super Moderator
5,820 Posts
I could be mistaken, but, for me they look belong to one of of American lines, because they are slender, with crooked spines.
I took a look at the site, and these are not ASL.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Yeahhhh, they're WGSL, not AmLines. AmLines do not have "crooked spines".

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
West German Showlines. And lovely too. I would buy from them.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
I thought you had a deposit on a litter with Jackie, did that fall through?

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Yeahhhh, they're WGSL, not AmLines. AmLines do not have "crooked spines".
They do not have crooked spines... The stacks accentuates the curve, they not stand like that normally. Sure there were some that were bred that way including American showlines but they are not all like that.

My boy is half WGSL and his spine is not 'crooked'.

Untitled (2013-05-25 07:27:08) by Carriesue82, on Flick

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
They do not have crooked spines... The stacks accentuates the curve, they not stand like that normally. Sure there were some that were bred that way including American showlines but they are not all like that.

My boy is half WGSL and his spine is not 'crooked'.

Untitled (2013-05-25 07:27:08) by Carriesue82, on Flick
Lara is full WGSL and her spine is not crooked either...! it's actually quite straight

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I've seen this kennel at shows and have liked their dogs a lot, they use Zamp from West Coast German Shepherds and he is a beautiful dog, Barbara sometimes posts here, I wouldn't hesitate to get a puppy from them and one day would love to add a Zamp daughter to my pack and breed to Gavin.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought you had a deposit on a litter with Jackie, did that fall through?
Yup, we have a deposit with Jackie. But the litter had 5 (or 6, I forget) puppies, and all of them were female. We had reserved a male puppy. So we're looking around for a possible alternative if she doesn't have a new litter this summer.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Yup, we have a deposit with Jackie. But the litter had 5 (or 6, I forget) puppies, and all of them were female. We had reserved a male puppy. So we're looking around for a possible alternative if she doesn't have a new litter this summer.
Wow all female! Sorry about your luck there. :( Sounds like people like this breeder too so hopefully something works out for you!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts