German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't take my dog Riley over to my grandmothers like always. Every time my aunt takes her dogs over to my grandmothers they piss and crap all over her floors. And usually all over the hard wood floors and they are antique. She lives in a very old house and the floors are amazing. Well she told my aunt to not bring her dogs back unless they can do their business outside. Now my parent's won't let me take my dog over there because it won't be "Fair." I think it's just ridiculous that I have to leave my dog in his kennel for probably up to 4 hours while we're gone. He NEVER stays in the kennel at my place and my parent's will not let him stay out of the kennel. I'm just so ticked I can't take him to my grandmothers because my aunt can't teach her dog to use the bathroom outside. I really just don't want to leave him in his kennel.

·
Registered
682 Posts
IMO, I would talk to Grandma one on one when it's calm and explain to her how good your dog is. I'm sure she will give your dog a chance when your Aunt isn't around. Wait a minute, fair? Fair should be let your dog into her house and she should keep her dogs home because they are the ones making the mess. But that's just me and don't fight with your elders!! Merry Christmas

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I think 4 hours in a kennel is not going to be bad, the holidays are for family, and believe me, life is too short to create controversy over something like this. I never bring my dogs to big family Holidays, this is a time to cherish your family, they won't be around for ever,
I love my dogs as much as the next person, but honestly I feel that people don't have a right to just assume your pets are welcome in everyones home, it's really not fair to the hosts. Riley will be fine with a treat and you enjoy the opportunity to spend cherished time with your family, without the burden of watching your
dog like a hawk.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Sadly life isn't always fair. It's Christmas, a time for family and I'd try to make the best of an unfair situation ... enjoy the wonderful opportunity to be able to visit with your grandmother while she's still around. I agree with Denali Girl, talk to your grandmother and maybe this uncomfortable situation can be avoided next year. Hope you & Riley have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!

·
Registered
30,373 Posts
Give Grama a break from having to hear from auntie how your dog got to come over and hers didn't. 4 hours in a kennel isn't the end of the world. Exercise him well before you leave and give him a kong with peanut butter in it. He'll have time for a nice nap. :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IMO, I would talk to Grandma one on one when it's calm and explain to her how good your dog is. I'm sure she will give your dog a chance when your Aunt isn't around. Wait a minute, fair? Fair should be let your dog into her house and she should keep her dogs home because they are the ones making the mess. But that's just me and don't fight with your elders!! Merry Christmas
My grandmother doesn't mind him coming over because she knows how I train my dog. She doesn't want my aunt to get upset because I brought Riley over and she couldn't bring her dog. That's the only reason is so my aunt doesn't get ticked about it. Oh well. Off to grandmother's house we go!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts