German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a trip to the mountains today to play in some snow. 60 degrees in Denver, 30 in mountains an snowing. Greatness an hour away!

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Wow, that river is gorgeous...I forgot how pretty Colorado is.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
WOW. I wanna live somewhere like that. But my DH HATES HATES HATES the cold.and he gets sick easy. So we will stay here :( I hope we get as much snow this winter as last. I can't wait to play with Bella in the snow :D

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
oh i miss snow and Colorado... seriously want to cry now. pretty snow... pretty mountains.... ~sad now~

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Wow that is beautiful :) However... You can keep all that cold white stuff right where it is. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT let it travel west into Missouri. We are enjoying the week of fall and are far from ready for the nasty cold white stuff! :D Thank you for your cooperation!

Lvoe the pics of your boy :D

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Achielles UD ~ when it does snow there feel free to send it my way!!! snow once a year and i do literally mean ONCE a year is NOT enough for me. These people dont know how to drive as is and if there is snow on the ground its worse!!! But they also tend to shut down the town when it snows and i LOVE driving in the snow and if nobody is on the road all the more fun!!!! come on move to maryland!!!! snow will be soooo nice to have again!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol it was nce driving up there today. I almost spun out before the tunnel. Gusts up to 75mph up there. One gust pushed me sideways on the ice as I was stopped. That was fun!!

He loved it. But I plan to enjoy the 50 degree fall weather for another month :) you can have all the snow out there in the east until late November!!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Lol it was nce driving up there today. I almost spun out before the tunnel. Gusts up to 75mph up there. One gust pushed me sideways on the ice as I was stopped. That was fun!!

He loved it. But I plan to enjoy the 50 degree fall weather for another month :) you can have all the snow out there in the east until late November!!

haha i remember sitting in a walmart parking lot one night waiting for my friend to get off work and the wind was blowing so hard my boyfriends bronco II was being blown across the ice. The walmart off of Platte and Chelton in the springs is where i was. It was hilarious and totally fun!

we're still having upper 70s temps here. I want so cold i have to sit on my couch buried under blankets weather. i miss that. I dont function happily without an actual winter.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
No thanks! LOL I'm not a fan after our double blizzard last year.

i would have been out dancing in it like a fool!!! I LOVE snow. I'm a person who needs actual seasons and the last 3 years of not having them.... losing my marbles! I love my big ol winter coat and it sits in my closet and cries because i have no use for it here right now. Last winter i didnt use anything but a hoodie! I need seasons!!!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Great pictures!!! Love the snow!!

I think I may need to make a trip to find some snow this year to let the dogs play in it a bit..

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
i would have been out dancing in it like a fool!!! I LOVE snow. I'm a person who needs actual seasons and the last 3 years of not having them.... losing my marbles! I love my big ol winter coat and it sits in my closet and cries because i have no use for it here right now. Last winter i didnt use anything but a hoodie! I need seasons!!!
LOL I wish you were here to shovel me out then :crazy: It was terrible!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
LOL I wish you were here to shovel me out then :crazy: It was terrible!

lol the only issue i have moving up to maryland is we dont have a 4x4 capable vehicle anymore. My Xterra does VERY well for a 2x4 (wish it was 4x4 sometimes)and we have an '04 mustang which doesnt do so hot in the rain. It will be spending time hidden during winter time if we cant get someone to take over the loan on it. I dunno, i enjoy blizzards but i'm also the person who has a ton of blankets and candles and flashlights and food that doesnt have to be cooked just in case.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Love the pictures. Everyone would be in big trouble if I lived near you and it snowed. I wouldn't have a clue how to drive in it and would hit everything in my path, lol! :shocked:

I'm definitely a Florida girl. Every year I hope it's going to be a cold winter, but then I freeze if it goes below 50, lol! It's nice for a few days, but then I'm ready for it to warm up again. Last year we had record low temps and ended up with sinkholes everywhere because the strawberry farmers had to ice down the strawberries for about eight nights in a row. It was horrible. Luckily this year is a La Nina year. Warm, but dry.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts