German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Tanner has a friend! He LOVES Addie, our Aussie puppy who is now 7-8 months old.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

I never thought I would see Tanner play like this without losing his mind and trying to kill the other dog. "Control Unleashed" was a HUGE success!

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I know it LOOKS rough, but he is actually very gentle with her and extremely tolerant.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
looks like they had a LOT of fun. Glad they're getting along. they look really good and happy. What more could you ask for right?! Oh right!! More snow tackling pictures!!! Love that third picture! thanks for sharing. Its nice to see happy dogs.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We don't usually get this much snow all at once. I think it snowed 8-9' overnight and that was enough to close schools all over the valley. I took horse pictures, too!

I think Tanner believes we brought Addie home just for him. As far as he is concerned we have never given him a better dog toy. He has "issues", so we weren't sure how they would do together. But all that work over the past few years has paid off, and we took it really slow. I think we spent the first three months just doing the "Look At That" exercise with him and Addie!
Sheilah

·
Super Moderator
32,588 Posts
How cute! My dogs look (and sound!) like they're killing each other sometimes when they play, but they actually having a wonderful time. No better "toy" than a little sister!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'm so glad he's got a playmate, and 'new toy' all in one!! Bailey, my mini-aussie, took over the role of 'momma dog' to my WGSD when I first brought her home. He'd clean her face, clean out her ears .. or if if she was sick or injured (she had beaucoup health problems), he'd turn in to Nurse Bailey. He supervised her out in the yard, ran interference and correct her if she was too rough with the cat ... I'd basically given HIM a puppy.
It was 'the best toy ever' because he's not particularly interested in toys or bones ...
So yeah, Tanner probably DOES think that Addie is 'his'! :wub:

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Very cute!! Its nice when they have a friend!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
We don't usually get this much snow all at once. I think it snowed 8-9' overnight and that was enough to close schools all over the valley. I took horse pictures, too!

I think Tanner believes we brought Addie home just for him. As far as he is concerned we have never given him a better dog toy. He has "issues", so we weren't sure how they would do together. But all that work over the past few years has paid off, and we took it really slow. I think we spent the first three months just doing the "Look At That" exercise with him and Addie!
Sheilah

well all your hard work has definitely paid off!!! good job!

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, guys! I think Addie is a great match for Tanner because she is very physical in her play style. And Tanner likes to get rough and tumble, too.
Sheilah

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Sheilah, Tanner looks great!!! I love the pup too!

Tanner looks so much like Havoc (his half brother) every time I see him.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
So cute, looks like they had a great time playing together! GSD just know instinctively when to be gentle, i really believe that.
I believe that both the ones we have are very gentle when it comes to smaller dogs and puppies.

There is a ton of snow here we are blasted with a very severe weather watch. We are est to get 8 inches today and more tomorrow.

Both the GSD LOVE it.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No snow for us since this storm. Of course the riding arena is still under a few inches, with a hard crust of ice on top, so no riding for me! But our yard has melted for the most part and the dogs have trampled their yard into a muddy mess.

Kathy, Tanner is doing so well! I am very proud of him. If you're half as happy with Havoc as I am with Tanner, then we have two very loved dogs between us. Congratulations on your competitive success!
Sheilah

1 - 15 of 15 Posts