German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anybody have any advice on how to treat and prevent dogs paws from craking and cutting during the snow and ice. My lad gets very sore paws, as the snow turns to ice he gets cuts. I have bought the little shoes for him but leather soles which i found no good. Too little traction. I doubt the rubber sole ones would be much better.

Any help much appriciated.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
They make several different products you can apply to the feet to help.....I think musher's ointment is one of them...

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Musher's ointment is good from what I hear (I don't use it).

You might want to gradually build up the tolerance. I can't imagine it get that's cold in Ireland that you should really have to worry about it unless he's running for hours on end.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paws

Musher's ointment is good from what I hear (I don't use it).

You might want to gradually build up the tolerance. I can't imagine it get that's cold in Ireland that you should really have to worry about it unless he's running for hours on end.
-18 I would consider as being cold. We are having one of our coldest winters to date at present. Day time temps not getting over 0 degrees. Its getting to be a problem, I can only see our winters being like this for another few years.

I will look up Mushers.
Thanks for the replys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts