German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed over the past few days, my 8 1/2 yr old male, Zeus, has been snoring. My 10yr old daughter told me she's heard it, too, although at first, she thought it was her dad!!

Do dogs have sleep apnea? Maybe spring is in the air for him, too, and his new noisy sleeping is a result of seasonal allergies.

Just curious if anyone else out there has noticed their dogs starting to snore as they age.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I had heard my previous GSD snoring once in a while. He was around 6-7 years old when I noticed. Could be a age related thing, I don't know

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Every so often Bruiser will snore softly, but if he shifts his position ever so slightly, the snoring stops.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll have to keep an ear open.....between rolling my DH over all night and now Zeus, I think I'll take up napping!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Originally Posted By: ArycrestEvery so often Bruiser will snore softly, but if he shifts his position ever so slightly, the snoring stops.

Yup, I have a 10 year old female and a 7 yo male, and they both snore depending on how they are sleeping. Sometimes it's quiet, sometimes it's louder than when I used to have apnea...

Andy

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I have a 5 year old female and there is nothing lady like about her snoring - she would wake up a sleeping bear in winter!

G

·
0 Posts
Odin's been snoring the past couple of years maybe? Usually when he's got his head tilted at an odd angle such as when he's flopped on the couch. Doesn't bother us a bit.

What I find amusing is his dream noises. He's been doing that as long as I can remember. We always know when Odin's dreaming of squirrels when we see his legs twitching and little yips he makes as he dreams. He's chasing off the boogie man when the yips become low pitched.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts