German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both of my 4 yr old GSD's had colds and spent the last month going to the vet, being put on antibiotics, and getting penicillin shots to reduce the fever. Finally they were recovering and the dry cough went away. Now a week later, my male is sneezing today sort of violently. When I lift his lips to look at his gums, he pulls away and sneezes several times holding his head tilted and closing one eye. I am wondering if this sneezing is related to his cold (he sneezed a little while he had his cold). I will be taking him to the vet tomorrow if this continues, but hoped someone has some advice in the meantime. There is no nasal or eye discharge.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Sounds like he's got something up his nose on the side that he's squinting. I would take him in today so it doesn't work it's way further up. Poor dude!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To follow up on this. First thanks for your answers and concerns.
My male, Hermes, starting sneezing blood and we were off to the emergency vet. As the vet was listing all the possible causes and suggested they start by putting him "out" so that they could examine the nostrils, Hermes started sneezing violently right there in the vet's office. Out came a foxtail and a bamboo twig over 3 " long.
I'll post a photo in a few minutes....
Anyway, so glad that it turned out to be something relatively minor and that my sweet dog is fine.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
I was wondering if that's what it would be- I had a beagle once that inhaled some foxtail and she was miserable! I was always rinsing her nose out, she was like a little vacuum. Glad he's ok now!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts