German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She smiles! All the time!

This first picture terrified my mother and sister, who have yet to meet Beth in person. The eyes are happy, and she's getting her neck scratched. She couldn't have been in a more content mood. Some people just can't get past the teeth and the GSD stigma.

She smiles especially when we're on her couch. Here, she is permitted to climb, push, nose about, and face-lick her humans. We don't face-lick back.

Here, we're playing outdoors. This is her 'wait and watch' look. She won't look at the ball. She relies on her peripheral vision ALOT. Vet says her eyes are fine, though.

And, here's my miracle picture. When we first got Beth, she was strictly anti-cat. With tons of work and the assist of patient outdoor cats, we have come to the point where Beth doesn't go all kill-mode. In fact, she enjoys the company of cats.

It is unfortunate that I did not get my camera sooner. Both Jefferson (the cat) and Beth were eating from Beth's bowl. I know. I was shocked that the cat even ventured into Beth's pen. While the outdoor cats allow Beth to lick on them and sniff deep into their ears (and steaming up those delicate ear canals), they aren't ever likely to purposely seek Beth's attention.

At any rate - things were going swimmingly well until the cat decided to food guard Beth's bowl. Rude, to say the least. And I love Beth's response. Dropping down those front quarters, tail wagging like crazy...and bouncing. No respect for Jefferson's ire. Finally, he left (rather quickly as Beth still wanted to play), and that was the end of that.

·
Registered
71 Posts
aw cute :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts