German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. I've seen on the boards all of these cool smilies...like dancing etc. I was wondering, is there a list of how to make these smilies on the forum or do I need someone to tell me. If so, I would like some! Thanks alot.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Im not sure what your asking. Do you want to actually make them or just want to know where to get them??? A smilie is a small .gif file played in a loop, over and over again. The image, usually 3 or 4 are put together side by side and when played it gives the images motion. It can be done with photo shop and a gif program, look at my avitar. Thats a .gif file. Its a few pictures put into motion and then looped to play over and over.

The easy way would be to just search for them on the net. Just do a google search for smilies and youll find thousands of them.

Hope that answers your question.

·
Super Moderator
7,011 Posts
its my understanding that you just want basic smilies like this
right?

when you make a post (or reply) there is a menu bar across the top with options to bold, italicize, quote, add a website link, etc... towards the right side of the bar there is a yellow smiley face between the <? and the T. click that and it will give you the smile options. some of the more common ones, like a basic smile, you just type the colon and parenthesis and it automatically makes a smiley for you.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know how to make basic smilies. I was wondering how to make smilies like the one at the bottom of your post, Camerafodder.

·
Super Moderator
7,011 Posts
the same way i described above. that particular one is : groovy : but instead of remembering them all by name and using colons, you just click them.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, righteo then! Thanks for that, Camerafodder. And thanks for replying, butch33611!

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
What camerafodder said is what I use! Just open the separate 'New Reply' window (doesn't work in the Quick Reply we can do down a the bottom of every page) and look at all the icon 'buttons' along the top of the window we type in.

As soon as you click on the yellow happy face smilie, all the choices open up. just click on it and the link thing will now be in your message, like these....

·
Super Moderator
7,011 Posts
^ yep, but once you learn the names, you can then use them in the quick reply box in between colons.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Originally Posted By: DarkEquineOh, righteo then! Thanks for that, Camerafodder. And thanks for replying, butch33611!
No problem, I guess I got confused when you said "make" them. I do make some myself so thats why I misunderstood your meaning. Anyway, glad you got it figured out.

·
Registered
14,509 Posts
And then you have crazy people like me that just have a bunch with the code in a word document to copy and paste over here

1 - 10 of 10 Posts