German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, Heidi was sitting behind the recliner, under the hanging lamp. She was sitting up instead of laying down and looking at me with an expression that said "Help." I called her; she didn't come to me and she didn't walk the other direction, as she sometimes does since she became a senior LOL. Finally I went over to her and found the lamp cord loosely around her neck and chest. If she had moved, she would have pulled the lamp down. She must have known that and just waited for someone to help her.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Wow. Smart dog. Good thing you were paying attention. Smart mom.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, it always amazes me when they predict what will happen when it isn't anything that has ever happened to them before. I think dogs are a lot smarter than people give them credit for.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
tape the lamp cord down and secure any other
cords, lines, things dangling, etc. fix it
so she can't get caught up in anything else.
puppy proof.

Yesterday, Heidi was sitting behind the recliner, under the hanging lamp. She was sitting up instead of laying down and looking at me with an expression that said "Help." I called her; she didn't come to me and she didn't walk the other direction, as she sometimes does since she became a senior LOL. Finally I went over to her and found the lamp cord loosely around her neck and chest. If she had moved, she would have pulled the lamp down. She must have known that and just waited for someone to help her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts