German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a big trip to make and I'm trying to decide between flying and driving. Car rental cost will be what tips my decision one way or another. I think a full size car would work ok but not sure. I drive an SUV. :p

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it a snug fit or do you think the 500 might fit? I'm hopeful if the 400 fits in the 2 door!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I used to have a huge crate in my two door civic before I got a pilot. I had to take the rear seat out and assemble it inside the car.

Please note: most rental car companies do not allow animals in their cars.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
I fit a decent size wire crate in my 2door Honda prelude, It fits perfect with the seats folded back from the trunk, I just have to set it up after it's in there. I dont know what the exact size is but my boy dog fits in it comfortably and he's 85+lbs

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
I use to have a crate on the back seat of our Mercury Sable which was a mid-sized sedan (assembled inside the car). We took my mom's Taurus wagon to the Sieger show and fit two crates plus lots of stuff. If I only had two dogs I'd probably own a sporty wagon, but since we have three dogs *and* carpool to Schutzhund training (have to add another person and dog larger than my three) there's no chance.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Please note: most rental car companies do not allow animals in their cars.
I've never had a problem from any of the major car rental companies on dog hair in the car. I've had dogs in the car with just about every one of the car rental companies.
I've never inquired whether it was OK or not, just figured if it was not OK, they'd let me know. Unless one leaves a major stain, chewed up seats or a seriously smelly car, I think the manager doesn't even get to know about it, the staff just go about cleaning the car with their vacuum before the next customer.
Although come to think of it, if there is indeed written policy about it, it could have a bearing on insurance and liability if there was ever an accident caused by having a dog in the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts