German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Noticed this tonight. Tried to go through photos over the last few weeks to see any growth but nothing that shows this (wrong angle) it wasn't there 2 weeks ago? He's just turned 16 weeks/4 months.

A small pink spot which is normally black -- your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

ImageUploadedByPG Free1373468446.660824.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi, my 35 pound beloved mix also developed identical white spot on the lower lip. The vet said it was a wart and didn't require any action. It might go away...

·
Registered
878 Posts
I don't know what it is, but it looks just like what Joey has on both sides of his lips.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, when my girl was 4 months old, all of a sudden the tip of her nose and upper lip turned pink. The vet told me that it was because she was growing and coat and skin pigmentation may change. When she turned about 7 months her coat changed and the spot went away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey! Do you remember what you figured out it actually was? or what happened with it? My 9m.o. has the exact same spot right now.

Thanks a lot in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 15 month old GSD has had these bumps on her mouth for a week now. Only this one side. They don't seem to bother her but they're bothering me lol! I read online about th canine HPV basically. She goes to doggy daycare once a week, I just worry she got it there. She also LOVES a rubber Kong frisbee which I didn't know if that irritated her mouth and she loves chewing on sticks so I wasn't sure if it was from there. Any ideas??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
You need a vet visit to rule out pappiloma virus. It is highly contagious and your girl should not be in contact with other dogs when having a flare up.

·
Banned
850 Posts
You need a vet visit to rule out pappiloma virus. It is highly contagious and your girl should not be in contact with other dogs when having a flare up.
Can you give me a little more info on this? Is there a vaccine? And can I get it if my dog licks my face?

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
Can you give me a little more info on this? Is there a vaccine? And can I get it if my dog licks my face?
There is no vaccine that I know if. It's s self limiting disease and dog generally outgrow it. I would try to support the immune system as best I could. But I don't know that what they are. So you need to see a vet. But no, while I don't think you should be licking your dogs face, it is not zoonotic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts