German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
Thank you for allowing me to be a member of this forum. I just bought a new puppy a couple months ago. She is now 4.5 months old. I had her at the vet today and he told me she has a minor overbite. I am concerned about this as I wanted to perhaps show her in the future...I read some threads about some overbites correcting themselves, some not... - so I would like some other peoples opinions on my pup, as I don't have much experience with this. I have attached some pictures for the rest of you to see. I'm so worried.

Thank you so much in advance for any advice or help anyone can give.
Hand Jaw Carnivore Gesture Finger

Leg Comfort Human body Wood Grey

·
Registered
7,882 Posts
I don’t know, I’m not an expert but I’ve read they can put braces on dogs’ teeth. What did the vet suggest?

·
Registered
875 Posts
I have had a couple of puppies over the years that looked like that. They grew out of it and had normal bites when they got older.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had a couple of puppies over the years that looked like that. They grew out of it and had normal bites when they got older.
Thanks for your reply.! That seems like promising news. I hope it will be the same for my puppy too! It’s just nerve wracking thinking about it. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would quit giving her any hard chew toys or bones for now. One of my dogs has some crooked bottom teeth in the front due to heavy chewing when the adult teeth were growing in.
You’re right I have given her some bones to chew on. I will take them away asap.

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
Same here and with worse overbites at that age. I know it's sometimes scary to watch them grow up: under bite, over bite, cow hocked, ears floppy, front paws easty-westy, biting, scared of the dark, etc. (can't think of more). So much easier to bring home a shelter dog as he is who and what he is, no worries about all of that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone have any photos of their dogs with over bites that corrected themselves by the time the dog was a year old? I would love to see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts