German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my dog licking his feet more than normal the past couple days. Took a closer look with my glasses on and noticed one small bump in the webbing between his toes on each front leg.

No limping, no discomfort. Eagerly chasing frisbees and stayed still while I inspected, cleaned with a little hydrogene peroxide and then took some pics. Just under 2 years old.

I haven't seen anything like this before. Almost looks like a pimple. I keep a good eye on my dog since I wipe his paws when he comes in and always check for ticks. Would have never noticed without the licking. Might consider a hot spot spray, but hesitant. Hopefully someone has seen before. Nothing on rear paws or anywhere else.

Attachments

·
Registered
32,417 Posts
That looks like it has a head on it? Did you see if anything would come out? Bumps freak me out....And then I drive my vet nuts.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Could be a interdigital furuncle, caused by a foreign body being embedded or ingrown hair follicles.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses.

I don't believe it's a bug bite, since he has one bump in between toes on each paw.

I've been doing a lot of work in the lawn, but no pesticides. Aerating,seed,lime, Scotts turf builder. Everything I use was safe and my timing was excellent this year with rain coming each time i wrapped up.

One thing that just occurred to me. I've been using a clearing saw on the edge of my fields where wild grapes, poison ivy and all kinds of vines with prickers on them have been having a field day. He could have cut by a thorn or a pricker? One bump on each front paw throws me off a bit. I've used even a magnifying glass and i can't see any foreign object in the webbing between toes. The pic is really zoomed in. I never would have even seen this if the licking didn't make me investigate.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could be a interdigital furuncle, caused by a foreign body being embedded or ingrown hair follicles.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
Interesting. Furuncle's bigger problem, anti biotics and more. So many issues always seem to circle back to allergys. I'm hoping he stepped on thorns. It was nasty back there on the ground and I was opening up area he couldn't access before.

Right now I plan to keep and eye on and of course keep it clean. Tried to attach a file from Merek Veterinary Manual on interdigital furuncle , to large or doing something wrong.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Since you mentioned thorns perhaps a couple became embedded and are trapped under the skin. I have had that happened few times and thought it was just scratches. Your thumb nail makes a good reference for the size of the bumps. They areas do look tender.

Your link was informative. furuncle or not your guy looks happy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts