German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

As the title suggests, there is a small but annoying bug in the code that causes the output to invert the numbers for a post. I am now seeing all the time that my post is #1 out of 2 when I am responding to a new thread. Not rocket science, and should be easily correctable by a new hire.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Test...to see if it happens here too.

Edit: It did not happen in this thread. Could be because it's beyond the first response...or some other reason.

PS: If anyone ever reads this, a simple acknowledgement like thanks for the report, would be nice! Just to know that someone does, in fact, read these >:)

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Tim, I’ve put in a request to have your thread moved to the Germanshepherds.com forum support help desk forum where someone who works for the site will see it. That’s the forum to report bugs in.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still happening, this text comes from an initial response to a post made today:

post #2 of 1 (permalink) Unread Today, 11:20 AM

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's simple to reproduce.

Create a new thread.

Do a quick response to that thread.

The text I posted is in the header from the screen view the responder sees directly following the submitted response.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It would seem that the initially reported bug has been fixed, but there is now a new side effect (or it could be a totally unrelated issue), because now I'm seeing incorrect counts on later posts on threads! Here's a couple screen shots to show what I'm seeing:

·
Super Moderator
1,175 Posts
Hi there,

Thanks for giving us a heads up on this.
It seems like the tables in the back end went out of sync.
I'll start a thread rebuild to get these synced up.
Please give it a while for it to kick in.

Ed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts