German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there i have a 4 months old sloped gsd puppy and i feel like sometimes he sways while walking. I got it when he was 2 and half months old. He has improved his gait as im taling great care of him
Im feeding him with a mixture of royal canin, rice , bone broth and boiled veggies. I also feed him half a pound of yogurt daily
Im also supplenting him with cartigen plus, fish oil capsules and multivitamin syrup.
I just wanna know is his swaying normal or is there a point to worry?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
It would appear that your puppy was bred to have some extremes in conformation. Extreme angle in the hock. Extreme 'hump' in the spine. Hopefully with some age, he will improve a bit. Nothing you can do to change this, as this is what the breeder bred for.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Your puppy looks like he has quite the roach back. Honestly, he looks deformed, and it probably is completely normal for a deformed dog to sway and have a weird gait. Nothing you can do about it. That’s what breeding extreme show dogs does and why so many people have a working line bias.

Good luck with him! Try to let him mainly exercise on soft surfaces like grass, sand, or dirt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts