German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I posted previously about our 11 week old pup biting/nipping - it seems to me like our main issue at the moment is more specific. As soon as we awake and she comes out, she goes straight for the trouser leg or slipper. I am not over exaggerating here when I say all the time. We have tried absolutely everything and nothing seems to be working in this department. We have tried redirection and isolation for several weeks.. no improvement, if not it has gotten worse. What are we doing wrong?

I understand there may be times when she might do this the odd time but this is becoming a joke; we just simply can't have access to that special bonding time with her because of this behaviour.

The only time she will attempt to bite our hands is when we stroke her (the only time she doesn't is when she's relaxing/sleepy).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention that she is completely oblivious to any correction and will continue the behaviour. If anything she will bark/continue the behaviour and get more hyped up. She is a persistant one - I sometimes wonder whether she is deaf.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
This is such a normal puppy behavior and should continue for a couple of more months. All of my pants got holes in them from my little land shark hanging on them all the time and my arms and legs were always scratched and bleeding. Constant redirection, plenty of exercise, and waiting this out, is about all you can do.

You need to accept your puppy will do puppy things like biting and chewing as they are babies and that's how they explore their world.

·
Registered
386 Posts
This is such a normal puppy behavior and should continue for a couple of more months. All of my pants got holes in them from my little land shark hanging on them all the time and my arms and legs were always scratched and bleeding. Constant redirection, plenty of exercise, and waiting this out, is about all you can do.

You need to accept your puppy will do puppy things like biting and chewing as they are babies and that's how they explore their world.
^+1 mine did the same and still doing it... he is doing better tho

·
Registered
386 Posts
ack.... i wish i could edit my post... anyway, i taught my pup (4mo now) "no bite" and "gentle" and even tho he still nips, the command seems to work pretty well unless he's really excited

1 - 5 of 5 Posts