German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, how many folks let their dogs sleep in the bed with them? We do,3 full sized dogs makes it interesting. But the bond grows quickly. Can you say California king?

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
I let dodger sleep on my bed. he's allowed off anytime he wants, but once he's off he's off unless he gets invited back on. I have a Full size bed.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
lets say it's bedtime. my GF or i can say "sleepy time"
and our dog will get up and walk down the hallway
to our bedroom where he either waits beside our bed for
us or he'll lay down on his bed and wait for us to get in bed
then he'll jump on the bed and curl up at the foot of the bed.
i sit up and tell him "good boy" and i give him a few pats.
my GF starts yelling "don't pull the covers off of me, don't
pull the covers off of me". when i sit up in the bed to pet
the dog i pull the covers off of her. every night it's the same
thing. :)

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
my long haired shepherd Ginger, likes to sleep on the cool kitchen floor. Jonas..on the other hand, has slept beside me since day 1. At night I say ready for bed? and he puts his paws up on the bed, so I can help him up. You might say hes very spoiled :D

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Not only in our bed but in our arms. He cannot get on the bed without permission, though. He can get off whenever he likes. I usually sleep spooning him every night. Haha. His favourite spot is in between me and my husband.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I can't do it. Haha I have nothing against it but I have to battle my husband on a regular basis. The man can't sleep straight on a bed to save his life!! Unless, of course, I'm not in it, then he's capable. Haha Adding in a dog, take up more of that precious space....Oh heck no. Haha I like my bed. I LOVE my bed and I struggle sharing it with my husband hahahaha.

Did I mention we have a cal king too? Haha And all of my five footness has to fight for some room!! That aint right man!! It's a good thing Meatloaf prefers to lay next to our bed or in his crate. Otherwise he'd be SOL. Haha

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
queen size bed. two adult dogs. IF we let Riley sleep in the room with us, he usually crashes at the foot of the bed for a bit. But he's not allowed to sleep out of his crate because he doesnt respect boundaries. Shasta will sleep on the bed for a little while but she prefers the floor. They usually only come up for any length of time when its just one of us in bed though.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I let Saber sleep in my bed exactly one time. Or I should say one-half time. Because she was so excited every time she woke up and realized she was in bed with me, that she leapt onto my body and nearly licked the skin off my face. Dog tongue in ear + wet black nose in mouth every 2 hours = dog back in crate.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Nope, no dogs on my bed. When my kids were growing up they wanted and we let the dogs sleep with them. Now that they are grown that bed is still available for dogs, but they are not allowed on my bed. :)

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
When its time to go to bed all three of mine go to my bedroom as soon as I say its time for bed. Before they used to all jump up there and then they'd have to move so I could get the covers, now they got smart and wait for me to move the covers first. The oldest usually stays on the bed only for a little bit, then she goes on one of the dog beds(there are 3 in the room) The GSD is usually right next to me and the golden is at the foot of the bed on the GSD's side. Just the other night the GSD was sprawled out and the golden couldn't fit, he sat next to me panting, because he couldn't lay down, he wasn't budging either, so I had to move pillows for him to have room. I love having them next to me. I usually fall asleep petting one of them, because it relaxes me:)

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
no, dogs are not allowed in my bed. i dont want any ticks and fur where im sleeping. sometimes when lexie comes in from outside, ill pet her and get a tick crawling up my hand, UGH!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Tank is not allowed on any furniture in the house. The bed is for my wife and I, Tank has his own bed to sleep in.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Tank is not allowed on any furniture in the house. The bed is for my wife and I, Tank has his own bed to sleep in.
I read this with my dog curled up on the couch with me, head in my lap while I play with the fur on his back. LOL!

·
Registered
590 Posts
I don't allow my dogs to sleep on the bed or get on the couch or chairs. Buddy has two large floor pillows, one in my office and one next to my bed (as did my previous GSD). The only time I allowed him in the bed was when it stormed and he panicked to the point he'd jump on the bed to be with me, knowing he wasn't supposed to but not caring because he was that frightened. Now that he's too old to get into the bed when it storms, I just throw a sheet on his huge bed in my bedroom and sleep on it with him. ;) Rey sleeps in a crate because Lord knows what she'd tear up with that many hours unsupervised. If she were trustable, she'd have a pillow on my bedroom floor. She otherwise gets no office pillow because she has unstuffed two of them, so laying on the carpet for her it is! :)

My sis and her hubby let their 2 Great Pyrennes and a full-sized collie sleep with them. It finally got the point where my sis started sleeping on the couch, crowded out by a big man and 3 big dogs. I figure if that's their thing then so be it . . .

For me, it's partly a training issue. You don't get on my bed, you don't sit on my furniture, you don't get in the front seat of the car, you don't bother people at the table when they're eating, etc.

·
Registered
14,028 Posts
Never!

·
Banned
3,612 Posts
Yep, the bed is open, though my nutball likes to sleep under the bed most of the time. The other dog is in bed in a different room with the roommate, the other dog is in the living room in her doggy bed and the other guy is crated overnight.

I'll probably always have a dog in my bed. I like it. :)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts