German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All - I am new to the site but no stranger to forums and have loved searching for old threads and finding new information that you have provided!

I live in central NJ and am looking for a handful of strong recommendations for Showline dogs. Looking for black/tan or black/red which must be healthy, have good temperments, good structure, and prefered medium blanket with medium face mask.

I have debated between West German showlines as well as American showlines but would consider both. For American SL, I would probably go with Alkarah but I'm not sure of any others breeders I should consider that are local.

Any personal recommedations from fellow members about breeders that have a proven track record and are truly passionate about their GSDs in the area?

Thanks all!

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
I would recommend Alkarah if you are close. They have lovely dogs with good temperaments.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Daphne. Yes, they are not too far and is on a short list (currently no one else on that list, however!).

For ASL, it's almost definite I will be going for their dogs. As I have read you have been in the ASL field for over 40 years, would you say their dogs are among the best balanced dogs you have seen? While I don't want the drive of a working dog, I don't want one that is shy and lazy either. One that will be fine to take it easy, and also ready to play with the owners (as well as having natural protective instincts) is key.

Does anyone have anything to say about German SLs in the area? The one thing I noticed with ASLs is that they are quite long, so am also considering the German ones as well. I just want to make sure I make the right decision since it will follow me for the next 10+ years! :hug:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts