German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ares seems super skinny and I don’t know how too pack some weight on him. He weighs around 55-60 pounds you can see his tail bones and spine. I’ve dried different foods and nothing works any help pleaseee

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
How old is he and what lines? American showlines typically don’t fill in until 24 months or so. Other lines also gain bulk as they mature. Has he been neutered? Some dogs are just naturally thin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How old is he and what lines? American showlines typically don’t fill in until 24 months or so. Other lines also gain bulk as they mature. Has he been neutered? Some dogs are just naturally thin.
What do you mean by line? And no he’s not neutered

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
How old??? May have EPI. Blood test can confirm but vet visit either way.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Line is the type of German Shepherd. American showlines can be very slender, almost bony. So can pet lines which aren’t listed here. Those are dogs that are bred haphazardly outside of established lines. Sometimes they are called old fashioned or large. WGSL tend to have a stockier build. WGWL can be solid or they can be smaller but they don’t usually have that very thin look of ASLs. Not all are thin but I’ve seen some recently that are very long and narrow.

·
Super Moderator
6,163 Posts
Here’s a photo of my American show line

Reactions: LuvShepherds

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Up date bought this de wormer recommend by the local pet store, how many should I give him??

·
Super Moderator
6,163 Posts
Dogfaries, that's Jimmy Moses, isn't it?
Yep. Gave her the major, which finished her. One of my top two very favorite wins! (The other is her Group 3)

·
Super Moderator
6,163 Posts
He looks the same as yours I would say just a lot skinner
How old is he? She’s four years old, so a mature dog. All of my GSDs have been pretty thin when they were 2 or younger

1 - 15 of 15 Posts