German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that white spot under her nose looks like her skin is peeling off, or burned. she hasn't been in the sun that much and she only has it under her nose. do you guys have any idea why this could be?

photo copy.jpg

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I was also going to mention Lupus. Unfortunately seen in GSD. Please schedule a vet appointment, don't wait. Make sure to mention Lupas to the vet if it's not discussed.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
It could also be pyoderma or, if she has allergies or anxiety, a sore spot from licking her nose. Rafi has a spot under his nose exactly like this (healing up now) from the last time I went out of town. He was nervous and his nose ran the whole time. :(

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
could be from rubbing on something, start of a hot spot, allergies, lupus, other weird skin infection, etc...

Best option is to have a vet look at it, possibly do a skin scraping or biopsy

·
Registered
9,940 Posts
Is there white inside the nostrils, too?

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 2 beagles have a spot the size of the end of your baby finger at the end of their nose all shiny & blk wore off but not sore . There's is from rubbing on bottom of food dish when eating. Good Luck.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all your replies, guys! lupus, that sounds pretty scary... i'll take her to the vet, definitely.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts