German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 7yr old keeps getting skin infections "under his arm pits" the skin has turned black, flaky skin, keeps scratching, been the vets 4 times got fuciderm cream which either worked but problem returned weeks later or didn't work at all. now it has spread to his groin area (red circle sores) and it must be hurting him because he won't stop licking it, took him back the vets got cephacare tablets which must of took the inflamation away because he started to leave the area alone but didnt get rid of the sores in his groin. Back the vets they took a sample more tablets and some malaseb shampoo to bathe the area twice a week. Got the results back from the sample took he has a yeast infection and stafilococ infection which is resistant to the cream originally given the shampoo will get rid of the yeast infection but i still don't know why he keeps getting the other infection and what i can do to stop it re-occurring. The area under his arm pits has healed but i want to stop it coming back.:help:

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
stafilococ infection which is resistant to the cream originally given :help:
Harley gets these sometimes and I use Animax Ointment. Vet told me to use it, it's the same thing we use when he gets an ear infection. Seems to work but the affected areas have been really small, not widespred.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 7yrs German Shepherd has similar skin condition both his under arm. I don't know what to do! I tried everything this time, cleansers and dry out everytime. no help! see Vet soon I can make an appointment.

·
Premium Member
4,821 Posts
Just throwin this out there!
People have seen amazing results with this product!;)
Willard Water
“Willard Water is one of life’s mysteries (it is a special combination of water, fossilized organics, sodium meta silicate, sulfated castor oil, calcium chloride, and magnesium sulfate). Most people have never heard of it. Those who have, tend to use it religiously, even though they aren’t sure what it is or how it works. They say it improves digestion, reduces migraine headaches, relieves arthritis, improves skin health, heals burns and wounds without scarring, helps balance blood sugar, treats gum disease, supports detoxification, lowers high blood pressure, alleviates pain, and is helpful in the treatment of dozens of other conditions.
A greyhound kennel got rid of a stubborn virus when they used Willard Water
Owners of aggressive dogs report a mellowing after the dogs drink Willard Water
Hot spots sprayed with Willard Water can dry up over night
Spraying cut pads with Willard Water not only stops the bleeding but seems to relieve pain
Swelling and irritation caused by an insect bite is reduced
Willard Water cleanses wounds
It promotes healing and if used when sutures are still in, can reduce scarring
It is used in dogs' water and in their food when traveling to reduce stress
It is used as an eyewash
It cleans a dog's ears
It helps keep stress levels under control
It is very helpful for many skin disorders when used topically
It helps relieve dogs of diarrhea
It can be used as a coat conditioner"
Pet use
For all animals, Willard Water acts as a whole-body tonic. That is, it’s safe to use in small amounts for long periods of time, during which it apparently helps to bring into balance all of the body’s systems.
The following doses have worked well for dogs, but so have other concentrations. If you’re experimental, try a little less or more and observe your dog’s response.
For best results, use good-quality filtered, bottled, or uncontaminated water from a reliable source. Reverse-osmosis filtered water is highly recommended. Hard water, which contains high concentrations of minerals, is supposed to interfere with or slow the action of Willard Water.
One fluid ounce (2 tablespoons) concentrate per gallon of water is the strength recommended for daily human/pet consumption as well as for topical application on pets and people. This same strength is a good daily drinking water for animals with acute or chronic health problems or for any animals during hot weather or times of stress.

Use this solution to fill your dog’s water bowl, which should be available at all times. Add it to dry, canned, or raw food.
Dr. DeHaan’s only caution is to start slowly. He introduces Willard Water gradually and in small doses, giving small dogs 1 to 2 tablespoons of the dilute solution daily, adding it to drinking water or food. Medium-sized dogs receive 4 tablespoons per day, and large or giant breeds start with ½ to ¾ cup (4 to 6 ounces).
“Too much too fast can accelerate the detoxification response,” he explains. “If your dog gets diarrhea, ease off a little until his system catches up.”This temporary symptom is the only adverse side effect Dr. DeHaan has seen while treating thousands of dogs with Willard Water.” Can be used topically and internally.

This must be purchased from the inventor as there are many copy cats: 1800-447-4793 https://www.willardswater.com/contact.php

Moms:)

·
Registered
24,301 Posts
If it were my dog, I'd be asking about a thyroid panel. Hypothyroidism in Dogs

Michigan State produces a very nice report that vets who are busy (all of them) can use. Diagnostic Center for Population and Animal Health

Sometimes you can get a normalish or low normal result and if the dog is symptomatic, a vet will treat with low dose thyroid meds. Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts